• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bangai-O Spirits
  3. Reply to "Wow, that guy wasn't kidding"

User Info: Zerarch77

Zerarch77
5 years ago#1
"I played Bangai-O HD and beat every stage but I'm having trouble passing tutorial 17 here. This game is way harder than the Xbox 360 one."

As someone who went through the exact same scenario, I can assure you that Spirits is no more challenging than Missile Fury. Rather, players of Missile Fury will be stumped at first because while the concept is the same, the exact mechanics are quite different. In particular -

- Having only 3 points in the EX gauge sounds like a severe limitation, but the gauge fills much faster and EX attacks are far, far more abusable than most players realize. In many stages, you can fire EX attacks almost nonstop if you're using them properly. Even uncharged ones.

- Dash attacks are infinite and still knock enemies back, which can yield massive advantages. For added safety, use the shield as well.

- The quality of fruit enemies drop is not based on their strength, but the "BOMB" counter in the upper right corner. This measures the total number of explosions in the stage at the moment. Try to create big combos for more explosions, better fruit, and more EX attacks.

- Enemy explosions wipe out hostile missiles. Many players forget this.

- To defeat Longai-O, shove an EX attack (preferably Napalm) into his face while he's dashing.
  1. Boards
  2. Bangai-O Spirits
  3. Reply to "Wow, that guy wasn't kidding"
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Mini FAQ 2.0EskimoMario550376/20/2018

GameFAQs Q&A