• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. OLB DS run MNM

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#31
I'm not sure if it's a bug, I don't think it is. It's probably when the Ninpo connects fully to the glowing orb in his chest. The same happens with a DS UT when Ryu hits it. A lvl 3 Void Ninpo does the most damage, but on a first run, it's not ideal to commit to that, given the other challenges the game throws at you, like TOV 4. Or you should skip upgrading Wind Ninpo.

And the Marionettes blocking a WS is not really rare. It happens frequently enough. With bots flying around, it's better to use essence for a 360ET, since it's a guaranteed delimb and generates some iframes. Even when you have 2 essence floating with bots still around, the WS sometimes targets them. It is the preferred weapon of choice, after the bots are gone.

The DS 360ET has less reach and iframes and you need to get closer to the Marionettes than with LS or TF. And even when you use windpath OL 360ET, delimbed hooverbots will still hit you in air, OL, making the marionettes insta kill you. I managed 27 marionettes, when I got OL rocket stunned, electrified (grains), insta swirled (grains) and then killed by a second marionette spinning in from of screen. It's just very random.

I'm circling the arena, even trying to heal up by taking distance, but I'm getting chipped too often and only have so many healing options.
Doing this OLB DS lvl 3, flame ninpo lvl 2 is no joke. I beat it the first time on a new game using the same strat but with LS360 ET, which tends to be more forgiving. doing it NG+ with TF, is even more easy.

My point exactly was that killing 20 hoover bots with OLB DS is very tricky, because you get rocket spammed OL, mid combo and if you damage a bot to almost zero health, you have to be careful when to commit. The DS is just not the best weapon for them, or I'm missing a good combo(the 360Y rarely connects) . Even the lvl 3 UT has to connect every single slash, for it to kill one bot.

Beating the game OLB isn't really the problem, also not with with weapon restrictions I think, but there are some tricky areas and TOV 4 is up there and I want a good score.

I've decided to start over and going to move this thread to NGRealm.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always gotten
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
7 months ago#32
gamingdutchman posted...
nd the Marionettes blocking a WS is not really rare. It happens frequently enough. With bots flying around,
As noted, I meant after you deal with the bots. That said, the discussion is moot now since you're starting over haha. I don't really frequent NGrealm that much but I'll check in from time to time, good luck on the run, hope it goes well!

gamingdutchman posted...
Doing this OLB DS lvl 3, flame ninpo lvl 2 is no joke
The TOVs rarely are. I beat them all once OLB and called it a day. Outside of the first one I don't find them that enjoyable in their design.

gamingdutchman posted...
Or you should skip upgrading Wind Ninpo.
If you're going for Karma I assumed this is a given, since a level 3 OHKO's most enemies, while a level 2 doesn't. Or is there a reason to still upgrade to level 3 as a form of back-up?
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#33
Well, also without bots, they still block the WS frequently, but it doesn't break your rhythm because you can just charge again.

TBH, using certain strats, most TOV's are not that hard IMO. Boring is a better word. Doing it with different weapons, or kill enemies in a different order, makes some of them a lot more difficult.

Even if I would 360ET all the marionettes, I still would have to manually kill 30-40 bots, most probably without any healing item left. It takes forever with the lvl 3 DS, while with the LS, even a lvl 2, you can XXY and maintain your distance.

Well, I decided that halfway in my run, there's a scoreboard for each of them, that's why I started over. And I finished everything OLB more than once, but not with one weapon only.

Against the enemies in TOV 4, for instance, the Wind ninpo lvl 3 delimbs both Bots and Marionettes, setting you up quickly to OT and start 360 ET-ing everything. With the LS, you just XXY a bot to delimb. With the DS you need 360Y. Which is a different story to connect.

Ninpo is not really used for a real KR, other than TOVs, IIRC. In this TOV, you need to get rid of the bots ASAP, to then be able to farm or kill the marionettes with WS. Even if you would try and kill the Marionettes first, you still have to deal with the bots. They will hit you and you will have to resort to healing items even more so with OLB.
And because you need to farm the rest of the Chapter too, you need to be as economical as possible (you can only buy so much), especially early on in the game. Going for karma will get you hurt and sometimes you will take a great score and just heal up.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always gotten
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
7 months ago#34
Can't you stick them with an IS?
"Kyuappa RaPaPa" to mahou no kotoba de hachamecha daikonran!
Zukizuki tokimeki ukiuki sukizuki gekiteki daikoufun!

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#35
Massaca posted...
Can't you stick them with an IS?

Nope. Tried it and they just deflect it.

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#36

Ninpo is not really used for a real KR, other than TOVs, IIRC.

Correction: you can use it on boss minions to get killing sprees and insta kills. And use it on Twin dragons and DD.
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: iron_defense

iron_defense
4 months ago#37
Wow the same people from 10 years ago still post here!

SFV:Vega (Main), Necalli
3S: Ibuki and Yang. I don't know to play any other fighting games.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. OLB DS run MNM
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A