• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. OLB DS run MNM

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
7 months ago#11
The Ch.11 Rat brawl is especially annoying on a Karma run but even on a regular run because of the Rats throwing wind blades which slice up enemy ninja's robbing you of the kill count as well as points for taking them out yourself.
"Kyuappa RaPaPa" to mahou no kotoba de hachamecha daikonran!
Zukizuki tokimeki ukiuki sukizuki gekiteki daikoufun!

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#12
Yes, very true.
It's one of these segments where you just have to settle for an acceptable score. I can't remember my KR strat anymore, but I think it involved FT ID and arrow UT for the ninjas. The Rat I still did with KG lvl 1 UT I think.

All my ninja cinemas have disappeared for some reason, but I could download the one I posted. It's from my KR, farming the stairs. The vid doesn't show the massive slowdown I had to work with. But good memories :)
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always gotten

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#13
OLB ToV1 DS only. Getting my ass kicked hard. Lol.

Just remember a vid from Ultraviol3nt doing it in style. Might want to see that again.

EDIT: cannot seem to find that vid anymore :/ I used to have it saved on my laptop, but that died a long time ago. Anyone knows if it's still around somewhere?
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you've always gotten
(edited 7 months ago)

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
7 months ago#14
> Tov1
XXY>Y is what I use there personally on my DS run, get everyone delimbed and then focus on killing the mages using IDs or regular combos. It isn't stylish, but it's a good way to no-damage the fight safely and get a lot of essence. Then just finish of the ninjas one by one.
Really wished the ToV arenas featured walls or at least some trees

> Ultraviol3nt ToV1
Got a link?

> Rat camera turning
You alluding to them being more passive when off-screen? Or you mean that you turn the camera to face them?

> I remember trying it No UT, No Ninpo, OLB DS, but I never managed that.
That would've made for one hell of a run. Just No Ninpo OLB was enough for me to rethink my life's choices. Never could figure out what made the tree there disappear, managed to take the fight to upstairs a few times which makes it a lot easier to funnel the ninjas.

> KR strat Rats
IIRC most runs I've seen glitch through the door and 'just' Scythe UT every enemy including the Rats.

> stairs KR
Would love to see it!
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#15
Turn the cam to see what all of them are doing, so you can time an ET/UT.

The vid is 33 min long and only shows a big portion of the stairs farm. It's not a 'perfect' run, but you have to do the section in one go, so choices have to be made and keep in mind, massive slowdown. Farming a bit more at the start, means using a healing item you can't use at the stairs, etc.

If you really want to see it maybe add me: PinnacleInSync

For some reason the game deleted all my other NCs.

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#16
After 3 days of dying at least a hundred times, I decided to just finish ToV1 and save the challenge maybe for a newer console. 64 kills was my max.

I found out that when I'm not touching my controller, Ryu still walks and this messes up some moves, especially certain commands in quick succession. So probably going to wait for the series X.

Gigadeath. I forgot what kind of a crap shoot this is, but managed to do it with all my ninpo used. OT didn't work twice, but I got him. And it also felt I had a lot of Van Gelf's before Giga. So far, 7.7 million.

Almost managed the first section of CH. 4 without any items, but a Golden boy had my number. I should've just used one. I'm really having a lot of fun again and the game feels almost as hard as when I first tried it. I really can't wait playing this on a newer console.

EDIT: it appears the game didn't delete my old NCs, I just figured out there are tabs.
(edited 7 months ago)

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#17
@Massaca: I only now see you and Reim had almost 4500 kills total on your KR run, that's almost 150 kills more than me and JAH too. Really curious what I missed then. Maybe a few bats, but that can't be 150.

I thought I took care not despawning anything, but maybe it still does here and there while farming single enemies.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
7 months ago#18
This might interest you http://ngrealm.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=1043

Most notable differences I can think of are the Lycan fight after Volf, the Ch.11 fight before the Muramasa cutscene, Bat/Ghost Fish chests (I think they count but I can't remember for sure, could even be that only some counted) and a mysterious 3 extra kills in Ch.07 that I could never find running it multiple times on both unpatched disc release and fully patched. Oh also the skeleton scorpions count up to 100, IIRC, in the skeleton boss fight mid-Ch.06. Even after they stop giving karma.

Furthermore I've had inconsistencies in some other fights too, the only one I still remember is the first fight of Ch.05 which I had different amounts of enemies on multiple tries. I don't know if it's random or based on what order you kill stuff, never spent enough time to figure that one out.

Grats on passing Giga. IMO the start of Ch.04 is one of the hardest parts of the whole game. Those archers, man.
"Kyuappa RaPaPa" to mahou no kotoba de hachamecha daikonran!
Zukizuki tokimeki ukiuki sukizuki gekiteki daikoufun!
(edited 7 months ago)

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#19
Thanks for the link and for the info. I checked all my EOC scores from my KR and only one had the max amount of kills. I'm 250 kills short of max score. Insane.

Yeah, the start of Ch. 4 is rough, but I'm usually doing ok. I jump down the hole with a slightly delayed FS, already closing some of the distance and lining up almost perfect on the first archer for a GT. Then I immediately FS to the group of 3 in the back and then just ID/GT/UT and pray nothing hits you.

Usually a Golden Van Gelf is my bane here. But I was used to not using items at some point (when I still had my routine) and without weapon restrictions, it's a bit easier IMO.

gamingdutchman
7 months ago#20
Just finished Ch. 4.

Almost forgot about the ToR on the bridge.

For some reason after the troll, I had at least 8-10 Golden Van Gelfs spawning, I though usually there were less.

And the game reminded me how much I dislike Alexei. Struggled with him, but managed to beat him using almost all my normal healing items, but no ninpo used.

11.4 Million so far. 425 kills on the Chapter.
(edited 7 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. OLB DS run MNM
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A