• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Game Got Another Update on Xbox One X?

User Info: Tmoney222

Tmoney222
1 year ago#1
Just saw that Ninja Gaiden 2 got another update on 8/21/19. I am playing on an Xbox One X. Does anybody know what this update did?

Just wondering if anything was added at all. I mean, it already has 4k on the console, so I'm not sure what else this update included.

User Info: shin_mcgoo

shin_mcgoo
1 year ago#2
MS routinely updates the emulator for BC games. It's mostly minor stability and performance optimizations. They don't usually say specifically what the update does.
"That was quite a mouthful! I guess you're used to that kind of thing."

User Info: EternalWolf

EternalWolf
10 months ago#3
If its not an emulator update it could have been to re-insert the enemies on the staircase, as a lot of them were removed via patch early on during it's original release on the 360 to increase the framerate during that section. I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet on the X so I cant compare until I do. Probably just an emulator update though.
As We Go...

User Info: Big_Bawss

Big_Bawss
10 months ago#4
EternalWolf posted...
If its not an emulator update it could have been to re-insert the enemies on the staircase, as a lot of them were removed via patch early on during it's original release on the 360 to increase the framerate during that section. I haven't gotten to that part of the game yet on the X so I cant compare until I do. Probably just an emulator update though.
I don't think anything will be getting changed about the BC games themselves outside of what is available in the emulator without direct input from the developers, and I don't think that has been happening. I might be wrong, but I'm guessing Microsoft are just tweaking settings to get the games running properly once they're given the green light by the publisher to make their game BC.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Game Got Another Update on Xbox One X?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A