• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. easier than the first ninja gaiden game?

User Info: MeteoraXV

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#11
oh crap yeah i hope the connection on PSN wont be too bad then. im from the netherlands and always seem to have a hard time connecting to players from the US and thereabouts when it comes to online in PS3 games. players with Europe i have few issues with connecting

im guessing they had to make these changes (less enemies and polygon count and other stuff) for technical reasons? itagaki did always hate playstation and loved xbox for that reason (easier to develop for and technologically superior). PS3 was apparently notoriously hard to program for. it's amazing what quite a few games on the platform manage to achieve then

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#12
I always just assumed the idea was to try to make it more like NGB/S with the more durable enemies, but IMO it doesn't really work out so well. But hell, you might like NGS2 and not NG2 who knows *shrug*
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
1 year ago#13
Well, all I can remember is that Itagaki and half of team Ninja left because of ego’s and money etc.

Then the new creative director was being very condescending about NG2 and Itagaki and tried to put his own stamp on Sigma 2 and what he called the new direction of NG. Failing miserably IMO, until this date.
NG:B and NG2 are unsurpassed games to date and they will be for a good while, seeing the state video game land has been in for the last decade.

I don’t know if programming was easier or harder on PS3. But I believe a very talented team got ripped apart, resulting in a less quality end product.

NG2 is the only game on 360 I have that puts the 360 in overdrive mode the moment it launches and Itagaki and his team purposefully used every bit of RAM they could. That alone tells you something.

What really matters though, is that you have fun playing. If you do get the chance though, try NG2. I still see it used for 5 bucks or new for 10 bucks in stores which is a bargain.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#14
gamingdutchman posted...
Well, all I can remember is that Itagaki and half of team Ninja left because of ego’s and money etc.

Then the new creative director was being very condescending about NG2 and Itagaki and tried to put his own stamp on Sigma 2 and what he called the new direction of NG. Failing miserably IMO, until this date.
NG:B and NG2 are unsurpassed games to date and they will be for a good while, seeing the state video game land has been in for the last decade.

I don’t know if programming was easier or harder on PS3. But I believe a very talented team got ripped apart, resulting in a less quality end product.

NG2 is the only game on 360 I have that puts the 360 in overdrive mode the moment it launches and Itagaki and his team purposefully used every bit of RAM they could. That alone tells you something.

What really matters though, is that you have fun playing. If you do get the chance though, try NG2. I still see it used for 5 bucks or new for 10 bucks in stores which is a bargain.

you know, i'm only playing ninja gaiden sigma plus right now (which im guessing is the easiest version lol, for good reason because portable games arent supposed to be hair tearing hard even though it still is!) and after my first time clearing the game i was like, holy crap this game is better than most games released today

and a lot of great games are being released today, but in terms of sheer gameplay and challenge level and even graphically holding up well, ninja gaiden, a game from 15 years ago now, blows away most modern day games

the character and monster and world design, the combat, the graphics, the music and sound design, the level of challenge, the boss battles, ryu hayabusa, the cinematics, overall badassness. it is a very very well designed game

man i heard itagaki was a pr*ck lol, i dunno, but all i know is he's a legend in my book. quite a persona too with his long hair, sunglasses and leather jacket look

im also playing Nioh on PS4 right now which is a very good game, i would recommend it to fans of NG and Souls games. good god i love Koei Tecmo

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
1 year ago#15
I don't agree with the author's ultimate conclusion, but this is a great article on the two different versions of NG2 and why (from a technical standpoint) they turned out so different:

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-ninjagaiden2-faceoff-article

Honestly most people on this board (myself included) prefer the 360 version but if you haven't played it you'll probably have a blast with Sigma 2. It's a really good game.

360 version is rougher around the edges but way more over the top and crazy, which is why I think people love it (and hate it).
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#16
i did happen to scan over that article a few days ago but today i have a little more free time so i've read the whole thing, it's super interesting. wow so they basically remade the whole game with a new engine specifically for PS3.

just from going off the comparison screens,which are really eye-opening, the X360 version looks a bit darker and grimier and more atmospheric and has more enemies and crowded cutscenes, i like that

the PS3 version looks a tad too polished and bright here and there but has higher resolution which is sweet, some of the lighting (or bloom i think it's called) works to great effect but brightens it up too much sometimes, again this is just from what im seeing from the screens and i probably wouldnt be complaining about it if i didnt see these comparison screens beforehand

i think both versions have their own strenghts and they both look great!

User Info: DeusMortem

DeusMortem
1 year ago#17
I played through NGB before NG2 and the latter is definitely more difficult on MN difficulty.
I could be bounded in a nutshell and count myself a king of infinite space -- were it not that I have bad dreams ...

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#18
DeusMortem posted...
I played through NGB before NG2 and the latter is definitely more difficult on MN difficulty.

cant wait to play it this autumn!! i just hope it has no BS mission like Rachel vs the two female fiends, i never felt the game was unfair until that mission on MN mode

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#19
NGB/S MN were quite a bit harder than NG2 MN for me, I was always much better at NG2 and not so good at NGB/S.

As for NG2 missions, it certainly has some iffy ones but there are some great ones too and Survival is worth it on their own.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 year ago#20
MeteoraXV posted...
DeusMortem posted...

cant wait to play it this autumn!! i just hope it has no BS mission like Rachel vs the two female fiends, i never felt the game was unfair until that mission on MN mode

This whole game is that level of BS on MN. Stay invincible or die.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. easier than the first ninja gaiden game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A