• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. easier than the first ninja gaiden game?

User Info: MeteoraXV

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#1
ive been playing ngs+ on my vita for the past two months and ive put almost 150hrs into it because it's so awesome and there's tons of content

since i almost have the plat for the game i ordered ninja gaiden sigma 2 and ng3 as well for playing through later in the year

i was trying to look this up on google but couldnt find specific results, i was wondering if ninja gaiden 2 overall is easier or harder than the original game. just curious. it seens ninja gaiden 2 is also the most popular of the games, or am i wrong?

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 year ago#2
Wrong board.

Seriously though, not being a jerk, this game and Sigma 2 are very different. Much more so than NGB and NGS.

Sigma 2 is probably easier than Sigma though. I can’t say for sure because I haven’t played Sigma 2 since it released and I play NGB rather than Sigma.

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#3
oh ok i thought the sigma games were just ps3 ports with some extra content

maybe i can try the original versions someday, i did just buy a used x360 the other week for ace combat 6

User Info: TommyHayabusa

TommyHayabusa
1 year ago#4
MeteoraXV posted...
oh ok i thought the sigma games were just ps3 ports with some extra content

maybe i can try the original versions someday, i did just buy a used x360 the other week for ace combat 6

Sigma 2 is a much more watered down version of the game with less enemies (staircase, chapter 11,etc), less difficulty, more save points, and more shop locations from what I remember.
There are a few extra bosses in Sigma 2 and some fights were made easier and more streamlined from the original. S2 also has way way way less blood and gore.

The original NG2 is way better imo.
Playing Ninja Gaiden 2 on Xbox One X and Epic 7

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#5
wow that does sound pretty watered down, and by the sound of it, if koei tecmo were to ever release a remastered collection for ps4/5, it would probably be the sigma versions, since they're easier

thanks for the info!

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 year ago#6
They are very different. It’s hard to compare because Sigma 2 has a fundamentally different approach to much of the game’s encounters and enemies. You could very well prefer one over the other, but which you prefer could essentially swing either direction. Don’t hesitate to play Sigma 2 though if you have it, it’s definitely a good game still.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#7
With the lowered enemy count they increased enemy health and made it much harder to delimb enemies. Some other things about Sigma 2
-Incendiary Shuriken Ninja no long throw IS but instead drop slow bombs at you
-Enemy grab attacks are slower but deal much higher damage
-The bow has a terrible lock on and no UT but now allows you to move whilst aiming which is really nice.
-You don't get to use IS or the Windmill Shuriken
-One boss was removed and another was replaced. Both in Ch.09.
-A couple new ones were added and they're bad, one right after you fight what was previously the chapter end boss
-Plus there are 6 chapters where you play as the series' girls which you may or may not like. I only liked Ayane's stages personally. You can't skip them and they're thrown in in between middle stages.
-Oh, you also get the VF in Ch.03 as opposed to Ch.09 and there's a new weapon.

It also has horrible loading times. Like in NG2 in the first couple chapters you pick up a tutorial scroll and get a video which you can immediately cancel out of. On the PS3 you have to wait what feels like an eternity for it to load up to cancel out. Or just ignore the scrolls after the first time, provided you remember which items those were.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

MeteoraXV
1 year ago#8
GoukiAkujiki posted...
They are very different. It’s hard to compare because Sigma 2 has a fundamentally different approach to much of the game’s encounters and enemies. You could very well prefer one over the other, but which you prefer could essentially swing either direction. Don’t hesitate to play Sigma 2 though if you have it, it’s definitely a good game still.

Massaca posted...
With the lowered enemy count they increased enemy health and made it much harder to delimb enemies. Some other things about Sigma 2
-Incendiary Shuriken Ninja no long throw IS but instead drop slow bombs at you
-Enemy grab attacks are slower but deal much higher damage
-The bow has a terrible lock on and no UT but now allows you to move whilst aiming which is really nice.
-You don't get to use IS or the Windmill Shuriken
-One boss was removed and another was replaced. Both in Ch.09.
-A couple new ones were added and they're bad, one right after you fight what was previously the chapter end boss
-Plus there are 6 chapters where you play as the series' girls which you may or may not like. I only liked Ayane's stages personally. You can't skip them and they're thrown in in between middle stages.
-Oh, you also get the VF in Ch.03 as opposed to Ch.09 and there's a new weapon.

It also has horrible loading times. Like in NG2 in the first couple chapters you pick up a tutorial scroll and get a video which you can immediately cancel out of. On the PS3 you have to wait what feels like an eternity for it to load up to cancel out. Or just ignore the scrolls after the first time, provided you remember which items those were.

wow that's a great summary, i really appreciate it because i had known about the animosity toward the Sigma versions of NG for quite a while, but i no idea how different the different versions actually were and had a hard time looking it up

i'll definitely pick it up for the x360 sometime, but ill play the PS3 version first. im finally almost done with Sigma Plus (damn unearthed challenge 4 MN took me like 4 hours yesterday! what was wrong with the designers??) and i have received my copies of of Sigma 2 and NG3, still need to get Razor's Edge as well

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
1 year ago#9
Maybe if You Play Sigma 2 first, both versions can be fun.

Personally I didn’t like Sigma 2 at all, because of some very poor changes that were implemented, described as ‘improvements’

Purple skies, shaking your controller to make boobs shake on screen and dull, uninspiring encounters and on MNM, OHKO’s were plentiful and the only form of ‘difficulty’. Some fights were ok though. The only real plus for me was the implementation of MP although the connection back then on PSN was horrendous, making it a very unbalanced and unstable experience.

It really pales in comparison to the raw, exhilarating combat of NG2.
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#10
Oh yeah, totally forgot about how much they changed Mission mode. Which would have been nice if you could select a difficulty and disable your partner but now, they had to make it s***. And removing the Survival Missions was a grave sin.
Being in Aussieland, I only got a playable connection with Jp players.

TC, well worth buying the Mission Mode DLC for 360 NG2 if you get around to it.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. easier than the first ninja gaiden game?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A