• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Your Favorite Melee Weapon in NGII?

User Info: Gene_Starwind86

Gene_Starwind86
1 year ago#1
If you had to pick one: - Results (121 votes)
True Dragon Sword
28.1% (34 votes)
Lunar Staff
12.4% (15 votes)
Falcon Talons
8.26% (10 votes)
Dragon's Claw and Tiger's Fang
5.79% (7 votes)
Kusari-gama
2.48% (3 votes)
Eclipse Scythe
13.22% (16 votes)
Tonfa
9.92% (12 votes)
Vigoorian Flails
12.4% (15 votes)
Dragon Sword + Blade of the Archfiend
7.44% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Tough call for me.
The thing that hath been, it is that which shall be; and that which is done is that which shall be done: and there is no new thing under the sun - Ecc.1:9

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#2
Flails > DCTF > KG > TDS > Scythe > Claws > Tonfa > Lunar
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: MrKapowski

MrKapowski
1 year ago#3
I havent played this game in years, but i have very fond memories and I'm not so patiently waiting for a remaster or BC.

That said, Tonfa or Lunar for me. But they're all fun for different reasons.
http://i.imgur.com/AUD7lK4.gif
http://imgur.com/AVz8ad6.jpg

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
1 year ago#4
Dragon Sword all the way. Especially in NG2, I absolutely love the moveset and animations.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: GoukiAkujiki

GoukiAkujiki
1 year ago#5
MurphysGhost posted...
Dragon Sword all the way. Especially in NG2, I absolutely love the moveset and animations.

Same, but I never really experimented too much with the others besides the Lunar, which I also love.

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
1 year ago#6
It's hard because every weapon in this game was really badass, but I guess second for me is between the Claws and Flail. Had a lot of fun weapon running with both of those. So much speed and delimb potential!

Least favorite is the DCTF/BotA. Aside from the strong spammy moves (360Y, YYYY) I could just never get into a good flow with the swords, it felt stiff. Which was a bummer because obviously dual swords is badass. Just never got into 'em.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
1 year ago#7
DCTF had some of my fav moves but I've forgotten the inputs by now. I think XXX>Y was the one for my fav which was three slashes then a quick double downwards slash at the end. Its longer fancier moves are hard to get off in combat though. Notably its running Y is amazing for mages cause its fast, delimbs and you can instantly go into an OT. The multi-dash-slash spam move was real cool too and actually useful. that one being XX>XXXX I think.

Tonfa were a bit too technical for me to get into, I couldn't really be bothered IIRC. Always good to abuse Alexei's power up with 360Y though. Claws were really cool but something always put me off using them. Might've been them being a bit weak in raw power?
Lunar really annoyed me cause I did a Mentor weapon run with it which didn't count for some reason so I had to redo it. Which I did immediately so bit of an unfair hate on for it but I also never found it that fun to play with anyway. The move where you swing the morning stars out for multi-hits was always badass though.
Scythe is so strong but again, kinda hard or impractical to make use of its cooler moves. Especially with YYY and Jump XXY being so strong. The >X starter was cool but IIRC was a bit vulnerable, especially going into the drop move at the end.
Ready to die? A Compulsory Happiness Dictatorship. ''Alrighty~ Come on everyone, you should only be full of happiness!''
Uh, Gardevoir? http://imgur.com/bANy38Z

User Info: Mediocre_Dunce

Mediocre_Dunce
1 year ago#8
I'll just say Dargon Sword I guess

I've had more easy success with the Talon's or Lunar butt goddamn, that gets boring really fast, although it's not as if there's a reason not to abuse the abusable things on those weapons.
That some nice sweet juicy gigatosis!
Mario Kart 8 HD, 4.9 GIGS! 500 hour game! Do the math!
- awesomenintendo

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
1 year ago#9
Dragon Sword for sure. Playing with that felt godly. I loved playing Ch 1, 2 and 11 and ToV 1 with it.

Kusari-gama second, but hard to master. And the combo cancelling on the Tonfa was very cool stuff too!
If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got.

User Info: Decoy2man

Decoy2man
1 year ago#10
Flails, Scythe, Tonfas and Claws
Nioh2 needs Flails and Scythe
Suki na Mono wa Suki dakara Shouganai!!
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Your Favorite Melee Weapon in NGII?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A