Found a failure top 10 list (about difficulty)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Found a failure top 10 list (about difficulty)

User Info: nonexistinghero

nonexistinghero
5 years ago#1
http://www.chacha.com/gallery/1005/what-are-the-most-difficult-video-games-of-this-generation

- Includes both God of War 3 & DMC4, not this game at all. Meanwhile, NG2 is known for being the hardest out of these types of games. Even Sigma 2 is harder than DMC4 overal.
- Includes quite a few games that just... don't belong on the list. Not that they're not hard, they just don't belong on it.
- Doesn't include the real top 10 hardest games of this generation. These games are so hard that Ninja Gaiden 2 on Master Ninja might not even belong in the top 10.

Anyhow, what do you guys think are the most difficult games of this generation and what's your take on what I consider a rather failed list?
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.

User Info: vogelkacke

vogelkacke
5 years ago#2
so far i played every game i own on the hardest difficulty and i can safely say that ninja gaiden black was the hardest (on master ninja). as for this generation i would say its ninja gaiden 2. halo cea is a close second (on legendary).

forgot about dead space 2 on hardcore. man that was hard mainly because of the limited saves. ninja gaiden 2 was harder though.

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#3
The real top 10 list would probably be all bullet hell / scrolling shooters and fighting games.

The one action/adventure that might belong up there is Vanquish. IMO neither NGB nor NG2 likely belongs on that list.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: MertensCW

MertensCW
5 years ago#4
MurphysGhost posted...
The real top 10 list would probably be all bullet hell / scrolling shooters and fighting games.

The one action/adventure that might belong up there is Vanquish. IMO neither NGB nor NG2 likely belongs on that list.

Agreed.
Vanquish IS crazy, on a completely different level.
Few Favorites- Ninja gaiden 1-2, Colony Wars 1-3,Xenogears,MarioKart,Lunar 2 GTA:SA,S&K,FF6-7,Zanac,S.Metroid,SMB2,NFL2K5,Halo 2, NG2,Vanquish,Witcher 2.

User Info: AhrimanTheStill

AhrimanTheStill
5 years ago#5
Dark Souls isn't even a hard game its just trial and error. Literally once you know a good strategy with your build you can beat the bosses easily. Like without an challenge. The challenge is just dying until you figure that out. And so if you're quick witted you probably won't have problems with Dark Souls.

NG2 is hard as balls on MNM but alot of that can be attributed to how cheap things can get like the off screen high damage explosions. The fact that they throw hordes and hordes of **** ninjas at you that spam explosives and such. Ive beat MNM like 6 times through all ToV but i gotta say it was full of annoying stuff.

Ninja Gaiden Black is all honest difficulty. Good well designed patterns and balanced combat with enemies that block very often and put up fights individually. Also the Alma is harder then any boss in MNM in NG2 but almost nothing she has could be called cheap.
The big H . http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfxsN423EVs
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Found a failure top 10 list (about difficulty)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived