Who woulda thought [rant]

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Who woulda thought [rant]

User Info: anyninja

anyninja
5 years ago#1
After the post release disappointment this game would know feel so enjoyable? I thought NGS2 would be damn near perfect [I know, my fault considering...]. Instead they nerfed the gore and there's still many technical aspects wrong with it.

NG3, bah. That game frustrates me because it I actually liked some things. Going back to the series roots, Ryu with the CIA, pretty cool. The flashbacks to levels from the previous games [I was giddy when I noticed I was fighting on the airship from NGB]

Their attempt to, I guess humanize Ryu was a poor decision though. He's a super ninja fighting terrorists, insane corrupt corporations, the military forces of oppressive governments, and monsters of every kind. I don't need a guilt trip, I felt Ryu was completely justified in his actions throughout this series. Even killing surrendering people. Oh, you got a wife and kid huh "mate"? Well perhaps you shouldn't have joined a damn terrorist organization! [I admit I only feel this way because it's a fictitious world with powerful ninjas running around though. IRL, I believe surrendering people should be arrested and given trial. Ninjas don't arrest people though!]

Does anyone have hope that the Wii-U version will really fix the completely broken combat system. The "steel on bone" stuff hopefully is just scrapped. However, you just don't have the same control in that game as in the rest of the series. If that remains, no amount of improvements will save it. I'm afraid it's a fundamental problem deep in the game's code that can't be fixed without a complete rewrite.

I'm still a fan of this franchise though. I know when I see Ryu Hayabusa with PS4/720 graphics I'll be hyped as hell. I'd be more hyped if Hayashi was replaced though...
Your mission ends when the ground runs red with vengeance

User Info: provett

provett
5 years ago#2
Oh sure a fan of the franchise... but i'm a fan of what it was.
Best Buy sucks so bad, I have to Sig it!
The customer service were stupid & they lied. Don't Buy from Best Buy

anyninja
5 years ago#3
And I hope it returns to what it was

User Info: dasboos

dasboos
5 years ago#4
Is anyone actually getting a Wii-U?
"Scissors are over powered, Rock is fine." - Paper
GT - stealth finger

provett
5 years ago#5
no wai!

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
5 years ago#6
dasboos posted...

Not I, sir.

I have a feeling that system is gonna take a beating (like the Wii) once the new xbox and PS come out, and it will rapidly lose support on the 'big name' games.

It's not that I think the system will be bad, but a good investment? Don't really think so.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: mn_Marsbar

mn_Marsbar
5 years ago#7
No.

1) Team Ninja really made me angry.
2) Need another console like I need a hole in the head....especially with all I have invested in X360.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
5 years ago#8
dasboos posted...

Considering the system is cheaper than I expected down here (430 for the premium one) I'm now very much considering it. Even if only for NG3RE and Bayonetta 2.
"In a world without rules, danmaku is nonsense."
~ Marisa Kirisame

provett
5 years ago#9
mn_Marsbar posted...
No.

1) Team Ninja really made me angry.
2) Need another console like I need a hole in the head....especially with all I have invested in X360.

Did you get it on the gay side?

anyninja
5 years ago#10
dasboos posted...

Not I, sir.

I have a feeling that system is gonna take a beating (like the Wii) once the new xbox and PS come out, and it will rapidly lose support on the 'big name' games.

It's not that I think the system will be bad, but a good investment? Don't really think so.

Agreed. I'm seeing rumors Orbis/Durango will be more than a Dreamcast-Xbox difference in power. 3rd party support will plummet.

I'll still probably get one years later when the price is low and has a big catalog of games I can buy used on the cheap. 9/10 consoles are worth owning at some point imo [the only one I still have little interest in is Wii. I just can't go back to SD output. It literally hurts my eyes to see such poor image quality in a game these days.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Who woulda thought [rant]

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived