• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Best way to fight the dogs?

User Info: ensatsu-ken

ensatsu-ken
10 years ago#1

Well, the thread title is basically my question. I just never really found an effective way to fight these guys. I always suck at them, for some reason.

So, does anyone have any useful tips on how to kill them while taking minimal damage from them, and while avoiding their pounce/grab attacks (especially since one of them is a suicide kill). Normally they wouldn't be much of a problem, for me, but I'm close to the end of chapter 11 on Mentor mode, and they always keep taking away a huge amount of my health, forcing me to use up my grains. They just aren't the same as fighting other enemies which walk on 2 legs. :P

Well, anyways, if somebody could give me some good advice on how to kill these bastards, I'd really appreciate it. :)

User Info: Izuna_Drop

Izuna_Drop
10 years ago#2
Scythe 360Y UT/ET works well, as does the Lunar ET/ UT and 360Y. The KG is very good against them as well with its ET/UT and air combo.

User Info: n0s2004

n0s2004
10 years ago#3
Use lvl 3 Lunar, XYYY works well against them because it can hit more than one enemy at a time. Try to use 360 ET/UT in between as well.

User Info: Massaca

Massaca
10 years ago#4
I've been using lunar 360 Y, scythe jump X,Y and (T)DS 360 Y,X,X,X,X.

These work pretty well.
~=Fear Alma, Again.=~~~~~~~~~~~ I am currently walking the
*************************~~~~~~~~~~~path of the master ninja.

User Info: reim0027

reim0027
10 years ago#5
Also, DS Flying Swallows work pretty well.
Filefront - http://hosted.filefront.com/reim0027/2326762
Megaupload - http://www.megaupload.com/?f=E8Z54M5C

ensatsu-ken
10 years ago#6
Alright, thanks for the advice, everyone. I'll be sure to try all of that right away, and give these little bastards what they deserve.

Yup, I think I just lost any love of dogs that I once had, after learning how evil they are from this game. :P

User Info: rytango

rytango
10 years ago#7
They were the coolest enemies before playing the game. Just the thought of Ninja Dogs was so awesome. Then you play it and well, they aren't as fun to fight with one or two moves over and over.

I just dodge and run past them when possible. Which is in most parts of the game.

ensatsu-ken
10 years ago#8

rytango posted...
They were the coolest enemies before playing the game. Just the thought of Ninja Dogs was so awesome. Then you play it and well, they aren't as fun to fight with one or two moves over and over. I just dodge and run past them when possible. Which is in most parts of the game.

I know. I originally thought that they would be one of the most bad-ass enemies in the game. But I realized that they weren't fun to fight when they started to try mauling me, limb from limb. :P

The ninja dogs from Shinobi (PS2) were pretty cool, though.

At any rate, the dogs don't appear that frequently, so they aren't such a big deal, I guess. I just have trouble with them at this one fight, but once I get past them, and defeat Genshin for the 3rd time, I believe that I'll be fine. Well, actually, there is the dreaded chapter 7, but I suppose its not really that hard. I just don't like that chapter because its not fun to play through, to be honest. :(

User Info: 1_snoopy_1

1_snoopy_1
10 years ago#9
KG :: Y(hold) or ET/UT or 360Y
Lunar :: YYY
ES :: UT/ET

User Info: gamingdutchman

gamingdutchman
10 years ago#10
Also OL Y with the KG , bird flip X with the KG, OL X with the Lunar, works very well, especially when you have a low level weapon.
XYXXXX with the DS, but this can be a bit tricky landingwise, DS OL ET/UT.
YYYY with the Scythe, if you can get it started

And countering, but this can be fatal also ;) (counter x, delimb a dog, got torn apart by three other dogs, not funny).

By throwing shurikens at them, stun them, and have them in reach to perform an ET/UT
  1. Boards
  2. Ninja Gaiden II
  3. Best way to fight the dogs?
  • Topic Archived