• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5
  3. This is the undisputed King of Naruto Video Games

User Info: GangrenousKhan

GangrenousKhan
7 years ago#1
Even better than the shallow Storms... This game has so many fighting mechanics and addicting battle sequences, as well as a HUGE roster, it is in my opinion the best fighter of all time. That is just my opinion of course, but no one can seriously doubt there is a better naruto game than this.

What CC2 is doing with today's naruto games is an insult. They are taking a lot of the good mechanics and sacrificing it on the altar of 3d. Playing gets boring fast.

I am going back to this game and i am buying a jpanese PS2 just to play it again...

User Info: jmcdonaldxman

jmcdonaldxman
7 years ago#2
I know I have the game and I beat it completely but, I really wish
they had a English version for it, I honestly didn't know why they
even skipped this game and gave it everyone else except USA
but, At least I have the PAL and JAP version, Oh well....
Itachi,Deidara,Zabuza,Sasori,Naruto,Sasuke

User Info: DeathLigerX

DeathLigerX
7 years ago#3
I remember this forum was full of false hope people but I do wish came

User Info: RealityCheck10

RealityCheck10
7 years ago#4
GangrenousKhan posted...
Even better than the shallow Storms... This game has so many fighting mechanics and addicting battle sequences, as well as a HUGE roster, it is in my opinion the best fighter of all time. That is just my opinion of course, but no one can seriously doubt there is a better naruto game than this.

What CC2 is doing with today's naruto games is an insult. They are taking a lot of the good mechanics and sacrificing it on the altar of 3d. Playing gets boring fast.

I am going back to this game and i am buying a jpanese PS2 just to play it again...

Really? An insult? Taking out a lot of good mechanics? This game being the best Naruto fighter?

Bull. Crap.

User Info: ramyuchiha

ramyuchiha
7 years ago#5

well this game isnt the best naruto game ever, but sasuke's 3D fighting method in the story was truly unique and awsome :D

User Info: GodlessChaos

GodlessChaos
7 years ago#6
I would say it was the best when it comes to Story mode gameplay but the best overall? I don't know.

But you're right about most of the things you said TC. Compared to this, Storm is a bit shallow but Storm is in its own league.
PSN:GodlessChaos GT:GodlessEdge/GodlessXLyte
Official Queen(Sexy glasses girl) of the Type-0 board

User Info: CornerCheck

CornerCheck
7 years ago#7
Gameplay-wise it was the best, story and graphic-wise no. But I don't care about the last 2 :P

User Info: Raihazan

Raihazan
7 years ago#8
I'm with the OP about the direction CC2 is taking. The newest PS3 and PSP games feel way shallow compared to this one. Everything is simpler and characters have fewer attacks. Also you can't land any combos because of how easy it is to get out of them.

My favorite Naruto series is still probably the Gekitou Ninja Taisen / Clash of Ninja on Gamecube/Wii but this one comes close.

User Info: True_Silence

True_Silence
7 years ago#9
I have Ultimate ninja 4 for the American ps2... is this out for Americans?

User Info: CorruptedRPG

CorruptedRPG
7 years ago#10
No. This game was only released in Japan and Europe.

Looks like the next Storm (NSUNS Generations) is taking a page from the Accel series.
C. Playing:
  1. Boards
  2. Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja 5
  3. This is the undisputed King of Naruto Video Games
  • Topic Archived