• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Space Invaders Extreme
  3. Stage 5-C Makes Me Want to....

User Info: DarkEclipse234

DarkEclipse234
10 years ago#1
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyway, I've been playing this a lot lately, and am STILL in the process of getting wrecked by Stage 5-C. The difficulty in this game is good stuff. Anyway, I'm hoping that I can get through this and 5-D by the time the sequel is out.

But really, the occasional lousy Fever weapons, and super mindgame lasers from the giant invaders make this level a huge challenge. Just staying alive is a chore in itself. I don't remember being this stuck in a shooter since Utsuho from Touhou... <_<
You must recover!

User Info: KarmaCow

KarmaCow
10 years ago#2
After a certain point, I just started avoid red ufos because for every good fever time bonus, there are 3 crappy ones.

Are you trying for a no death run to 5-D? The increased weapon level really helps and dieing brings you down two levels.
It's like Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil, but... for kids! - Colonel Alloy on Cubone
3 frakking episodes left! D=

DarkEclipse234
10 years ago#3
I know I can get to 5D without a problem; when I first got to 5C, I had the option to go to 5D, but I denied it and went straight to 5C thinking it would be the easier of the two. Of course, that...didn't go completely as I hoped. I was hoping I could at least beat 5C. Notgiving up though...

Increase power shot you say? I imported the game, so I actually have been playing it in the most basic way possible(Move, shoot, get alternate weapon, use it until it runs out or just wait, etc.). I take it that the stronger shot is thee bigger and faster shot, right? I have noticed that after a while my shot gets bigger and faster but I always thought that was so that the game could just kill me faster when the reflect invaders appear <_<

Time to kick up the FAQ for knowledge...
You must recover!

User Info: KarmaCow

KarmaCow
10 years ago#4
Oh sorry I had a brain fart. I forgot about the branching paths there.

But yea, the higher your score, the higher your shot level, to a max of 10. The higher the level, your shot gets faster and stronger. One of the FAQs explains it in more depth. It's invaluable on the higher levels.

And it's also a good idea to get a good sense of which invader combinations give you what power up so you can better plan your method for the stage.
It's like Lisa Trevor from Resident Evil, but... for kids! - Colonel Alloy on Cubone
3 frakking episodes left! D=

User Info: kaitia

kaitia
10 years ago#5
Also noteworthy is that if you're playing on Arcade mode, if you get a game over, you restart the stage with the shot level you had entering it the first time. I'd advise going back through Stages 1-4 conserving your shot level and life total until you reach 5-C with an acceptable number of them.
http://senko.890m.com/secondstage

DarkEclipse234
10 years ago#6
Ah, thanks for the information. I decided to add up the amount of lives I had to 5 and stuck through 5C to the end. I actually ended up not needing the extra lives too, which I found a bit funny. Anyway, the ability to holding on to a alternate weapon really helped things against the bigger and reflect invaders. I'll hopefully be able to put some serious time into 5D soon.
You must recover!
  1. Boards
  2. Space Invaders Extreme
  3. Stage 5-C Makes Me Want to....
  • Topic Archived