• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Read this before buying.

User Info: -_Josh_-

-_Josh_-
8 years ago#1

Sure, it's supposed to be realistic..Sure they wanted it to have it's own feel. It sure does!

I have some problems with this game. I'll list them here.

1) No pass interference at all. The rule for pass interference is as followed. Before the recievor touches the ball, if he is tackled, basically touched att all in a way that impedes his movement, or chances of catching the ball. The DB in question gets a flag for pass interference. How this game breaks that rule. DB's tackle a second before the ball is caught. The ball is still about 1 yard away and the DB destroys the recievor. It's not fair, and can't be helped. It even happeneds on easy.

2) No catcing ability at all. When you need to make a pass, or even when you need to make it on first and goal line, it can't be done. You focus as the QB, the ball goes straight to the chest of the recievor, and if the DB doesn't eff up the rec (Now known as recievor) the rec catches the ball then throws it in the air like it was confetti. This is stupid. In a game of only passing, I only completed 2% of the basses, I threw, what I counted was 200 passes, no runs at all. 15 minute quarters on easy. This boils down to catching only 4 catches in that entire game. This is rediculous, enough is said about that.

3) Run game is also unrealistic. It's fine most of the time, most for this game being 50%. Half the time you punch through the line, make a solid three yards on average on an inside run play, on an outside run play 4-10 yards. Which is good, I'm fine with that. The problem is the a) The arm tackles. You get tackled by a guys hand touching you, if the opposition hits you with any part of his body, like even an effing finger you fall over like a giant B.....YTCH Also, if your O-line gets pushed back and you bump into them you fall over flat on your back for a loss of 1. Has anyone seen this in real life. I mean, if the 340 pound O lineman is stepping on a 225 running backs foot, I can sort of understand that..maybe...but in the game you see youself run into the guy, un-able to control the running back at this point and he falls backwards, even mashing x, to recover yourself doesn't work.

On the defensive side, it's way to easy, only because the same flaws that affect the human affect the computer.

DO NOT PLAY THIS GAME AT ALL. EVER. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS COMPANY AT ALL. EVER.

User Info: AllstarSniper32

AllstarSniper32
8 years ago#2
Too late, already bought it a week ago and lovin it!
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson

User Info: Krammkracker

Krammkracker
8 years ago#3
Its not as terrible as your making it sound, but it definately has its flaws, the big thing for me was the real-world physics... so amazing!!!

Hopefully they get another shot at a second game and really give it the gameplay that the physics deserve.
-------check out my music--------
www.myspace.com/tomkramm

User Info: AllstarSniper32

AllstarSniper32
8 years ago#4
Hopefully they get another shot at a second game and really give it the gameplay that the physics deserve.

I agree.
If the people only understood the rank injustice of our money and banking systems, there would be a revolution before morning - Andrew Jackson
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Read this before buying.
  • Topic Archived