• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Backbreaker a love story !

User Info: ratboy48629

ratboy48629
8 years ago#1
How terrible is it when you go out and stand in line at midnight to get a game that you think is going to be great and it turns out to suck i.e. MADDEN 11. Then you walk into that same store you bought the game that you thought was going to be awesome and you buy a game that even the people at the the store your buying it from says it sucks and you go home and play the game i.e. BACKBREAKER and it's frickin awesome. O.K. granted it doesn't have real nfl players. Also it doesn't have all the advertisers in the game. O.k. and i forgot it doesn't have all the excellent commentary that repeats itself so much you want to gouge out your eardrums. But what Backbreaker does have is heart.It has totally revolutionized video football. It has literally done something that madden hasn't done in years. TAKE A CHANCE and try something new. Sure it's not perfect but you know what with the new patch it recently received**because wait for it- - -the developer actually listened to us**it has turned into a great football experience. Again is it perfect ? No of course not. But i bet EA is scouting out some ideas this game has brought to the table. So instead of being a zombie try something new. Try Backbreaker. Rent if your scared to put out the money without trying it & for godsake don't go by the demo. And see if you don't see some of the revolutionary things this football game is trying.

User Info: king_madden

king_madden
8 years ago#2
so other than the engine, which caused its fair share of glitches and frustrating moments, what else does the game do thats revolutionary? I owned it for a short time, didnt too much care for it, but I never really thought about what was revolutionary and what wasnt, other than the engine which I did hate.

glad you found a football game you like though. footballs the greatest sport. So glad its about to start again.

ratboy48629
8 years ago#3
did you play it with the greathouse patch? they actually fixed alot of the annoying and frustrating bugs that was hampering this game. Also by revolutionary i also mean that the developer actually listened to us and did it's best to rectify all the problems we had...EA would not do this. I'm not going to tell you what to like but if you haven't played it recently at least give it a rent and try it with the patch that came out.

king_madden
8 years ago#4
well EA "claimed" they listened to fans with a ptach that jsut came out, or is about to come out, but no I havent played the updated backbreaker. I was kind of on the fence about renting it again but might if they fixed the player interaction, the running into your own players and falling, or being tackled and thrown down by brushing against a mans arm. That annoyed me slightly. Did they atleast fix like the replay system, and like the safety or touchback glitch, where you would score close to being out of bounds but they would call touchback.

ratboy48629
8 years ago#5
trust me just give it a rent...they put alot of work into the patch for backbreaker. It's nice to see a developer standing behind there game and listening to the community.

User Info: polishgod

polishgod
8 years ago#6
You still fall when you run into your own players, but I do agree that this game is really good once you get playing it for a while. I really enjoy it.

User Info: snakepliskin6

snakepliskin6
8 years ago#7
i dont understand how madden can actually remove features from the game such as gang tackles, re-do the way audibles are called, ( something they spent more than 5 years building) make you pay for online if you buy used, but the worst is that defense doesnt even matter anymore....i have played and seen scores in the 50's and 60's and sometimes even in the 70s. they might as well call it arena football 11. what a turd. backbreaker is 10 times the game this is and its only had 1 attempt....madden had 20....time to pass the torch you stole from 2k EA!!!!

king_madden
8 years ago#8
sorry snake, while i understand your complaints, and accept your opinion, I seriously doubt madden will pass the torch that was recieved so badly and scored so badly pretty much across the board.

ironically enough people who hate madden love the game.

User Info: snakepliskin6

snakepliskin6
8 years ago#9
i like madden 10, but madden 11 feels like a few steps in the wrong direction.
  1. Boards
  2. Backbreaker
  3. Backbreaker a love story !
  • Topic Archived