• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SmileMon8D

SmileMon8D
8 years ago#1
I am glad to see others who enjoy this game. I do not pay close attention to game ratings. All they tell me is whether a game that I have been looking forward to is good, but no review tells me a game is bad. I rather enjoy this game. Maybe it has to do with my interest in Vikings. Vikings are awesome!!
A game does not "suck" because you do not like it. YOU simply do not like it!!

User Info: The_N8dog

The_N8dog
8 years ago#2
Yeah, the guy at gamestop said "boo" when I brought this game up to the counter.
I tend to like a lot of games that don't get much fanfare.
I liked "RUNE" on the original PC. Pretty sweet viking action.
"C'mon, let's kill each other over the pepperoni" - The Goonies

User Info: flowersjf

flowersjf
8 years ago#3

Mainen8 posted...
Yeah, the guy at gamestop said "boo" when I brought this game up to the counter.
I tend to like a lot of games that don't get much fanfare.
I liked "RUNE" on the original PC. Pretty sweet viking action.
---

lol Really? And yeah Im loving Viking so far. Very underrated game in my opinion.

User Info: Kaznasty

Kaznasty
8 years ago#4
I got it a few months ago and progressed on and off through it. At the end now and I have to say, very solid game. Nothing spectacular about it but it does boast good gameplay and entertaining combat. No complaints :)

And I'd go back to Gamestop and slap that game adviser (what a B.S. title) around a little until he realizes it's okay to give an opinion when someone asks, but NEVER pass judgement on someone for buying a game they didn't enjoy.
Son, I am so not teh concern.
XBL: Kaznasty

User Info: The_N8dog

The_N8dog
8 years ago#5
I got viking, bionic commando, and timeshift from the bargain bin and the guy said viking and one of the other games was "boo". I said well if I don't like them, at least I'll have a new set of coasters.
I enjoyed all 3 games and originally wanted all of them at their release date, but my game backlog was too full at the time.
Heck, for 23 bucks I feel like I ripped THEM off.

I don't usually listen to much of what comes out of most Gamestop employee's mouths.

User Info: koospetoors

koospetoors
8 years ago#6
I actually disliked the game, I had serious fun saving my troops and waging war afterwards, but thats about it.

I ended up selling the game and I...kind of regret it. I don't know why, but I really want to play the game again. I guess I was just in a really bad mood when I sold it and only figured out that the game was actually really good afterwards.

Man, if only it was on steam or something, I surely would buy it again.

User Info: themerlin

themerlin
8 years ago#7
This game is great, just got it and it`s really fun, only bad thing about this game is the graphics look a bit last gen but i don`t care about graphics too much.
As the world plunges into chaos, in this the final days of the wretched human race, there is only one antidote to this misery.....THE ELECTRIC WIZARD.

User Info: sig1134

sig1134
8 years ago#8
@maine8 - RUNE was slammin'...too bad the port to Xbox was amongst the worts ports ever...

anyway, Viking is awesome, had a ton of fun playing it and getting all the achievements...definitely an underrated game like most of you are saying...WELL worth the money i spent on it used
"If at first you don't succeed, failure may be your style." - The Mad Tripper
The Silver Knight 8 years ago#9
With so few viking games, it's hard to pick and choose. We need more viking games. Preferrably with Amon Amarth doing the soundtrack.
"I only want to feel some warmth, even from that which death would take from me." -Shinji/Kiseijuu

User Info: positivebalance

positivebalance
8 years ago#10

i remember i bought this game back when it first came out for $65 on the PS3... yeah, big mistake. fun game though. worth the $8 it costs nowadays.

• Topic Archived