• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mafia II
  3. I knew this game wouldn't get that good of reviews

User Info: ohgod247

ohgod247
9 years ago#1

7/10 from XBOX magazine. Wasn't too impressed with the demo, either. Maybe I'll get Kane & Lynch 2...

User Info: kitsune2222

kitsune2222
9 years ago#2
7/10 is good. But I would like to read reviews first before I make decision wether to buy or not. I suspect reviewers will compare it to the freeroam aspect of GTA4. Which is bad IMO.
I'm guessing it will get 84 of100 at gamerankings.
When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.

User Info: evil_angel74

evil_angel74
9 years ago#3
7/10 is not bad. I think it is deserved. I wasn't impressed at all with the demo, but a 7 is justified.It doesn't deserve anymore.

User Info: Hydrolex

Hydrolex
9 years ago#4

Did they review the demo ? if yes then they are stupid lol ! I give the demo 5/10 but you never know what happens in the final game

like god of war 3, the demo sucked

User Info: 127bones

127bones
9 years ago#5

I don't expect Kane and Lynch to fair much better. But I want both games. Kane and lynch will have an awesome multi. mafia 2 will have a great story and awesome cinematics. I did enjoy the gun fight in Mafia 2 demobecause it felt viseral and real. Being out of cover spelled death. It lacked the gore I would like to be there, but I can live with that.

kane and lynch 2 will be better than the first kane and lynch but not so good as to claim it as the TPS winner. K&L2 will have a great story also but I enjoyed the gun fight in Mafia 2 more and Mafia 2 will be sandbox (Minus the water, a boat maybe?)

I'll end my debate by deciding to get K&L2 on the 17th, finishing the single play by the 20th and going into multi on the 21st. when the 24th comes, I'll get Mafia 2 and play the game on and off between K&L2 multi sessions.

And then comes Reach and Dead Rising 2.

1. Boards
  2. Mafia II
  3. I knew this game wouldn't get that good of reviews
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A