• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. how exactly do you use healing kits?

User Info: Doober2

Doober2
9 years ago#1
sorry for the daft question but I got the game off steam and when I try to download the manual it just freezes...

User Info: WhiteTigerShiro

WhiteTigerShiro
9 years ago#2
You use it from the inventory.
"Not all who wander are lost."
http://whitetigershiro.blogspot.com/

Doober2
9 years ago#3
doesn't seem to work. Always get a "can't use this right now" message

User Info: ryyaann

ryyaann
9 years ago#4
You either have full health or are trying to use more than one at a time.

I bet you think Healing Kits increase your max health. They don't. The bad description of "quick health boost" confused me at first. I wasn't sure if it meant max health or current health.
-+-+-+Quality over Quantity+-+-+
+-+-+PSN and GT in Profile+-+-+

User Info: HellFireXS

HellFireXS
9 years ago#5
Then you are at full health or just used one (You have to wait 10+ seconds between uses)
Asus Striker II Extreme, Core2Quad Q9550 @ 2.83GHz, 8GB DDR3-1333, 2x eVGA 280GTX 1GB (SLI), 1.81TB HDD (2x 1TB Raid-0), Windows 7 Ultimate (64-Bit), 1200w PSU.

User Info: jbtilley

jbtilley
9 years ago#6
Two types of healing items.

1) The instant heal items that enemies will drop. You can't pick them up if you're already at full health.

2) The healing items you store in your inventory. You can either buy them from a vending machine or occasionally find them in a stash. These are largely worthless since you have to open your inventory to actually use them. I say they're worthless because the only time you'd ever want to use one is in mid battle. You can't always open your inventory, scroll down to the health kit section, and apply a kit when you're almost dead in the thick of a battle.

I guess they are only for people that don't have any health regen class mods or shields.

User Info: MBO-Sephy

MBO-Sephy
9 years ago#7
You can't always open your inventory, scroll down to the health kit section, and apply a kit when you're almost dead in the thick of a battle.

Which is why you open the inventory and use the item before you're almost dead. o_O
I find them pretty useful, especially since I didn't get any decent health-regenerating shields yet. The last one I got was around 15 levels below me with a shield value of 350 while the shield I have now has a value of 581 and recharges pretty damn quick.
Click "???". Spawn Notorious Monster. Get killed. Get raised. Click "???"...
Loyal servant to the Imperium of Man. "Hope is sin."

Doober2
9 years ago#8
I honestly don't know what my issue with it was. Working now....

One other thing though. Does the combat in this game ever change? Or is it the same at level 5 as it is at level 50? Other than the amount of damage you do each hit and the health/shield of your character?

User Info: Xian_Overgear

Xian_Overgear
9 years ago#9
It's an FPS, its always gonna be shoot the enemy til it dies
FFCC: Echoes of Time friendcode 3996-2544-3086
  1. Boards
  2. Borderlands
  3. how exactly do you use healing kits?
  • Topic Archived