• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition
  3. This version comes with the Chessmaster Learning Series?

User Info: ChristianKiss

ChristianKiss
12 years ago#1

I simply love Chessmaster 10th, especially because the learning academies. If you played the 10th Edition, you'll remember that there're three academies: Josh Waitzkin, Larry Christiansen and Chessmaster Series. All the three courses are great, but I liked the Chessmaster Series for most.

My question: Is there the Chessmaster Series in this new version, Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition?

Thanks in advance.

User Info: anonymgeist

anonymgeist
12 years ago#2
I haven't played any prior editions of Chessmaster, but those three academies (Waitzkin, Christiansen, Chessmaster Series) are all present in the Grandmaster edition.

User Info: lanista

lanista
12 years ago#3
Yes, not a whole lot new or changed (in CM GME c/w CM 10)

So not a great need for you to upgrade...

except CM GME fully supports Vista and multi-CPU PCs (which makes a difference to the strength of your opponents e.g. the ChessMaster personality)

So if you're already at GM level and capable of beating CM 10, then by all means go for an upgrade now

Otherwise wait until the price is right (i.e. bargain bin) and then get your upgrade
  1. Boards
  2. Chessmaster: Grandmaster Edition
  3. This version comes with the Chessmaster Learning Series?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

Play strenght? General1 Answer