• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Speed Racer
  3. I still can't perform car-fu!!

User Info: Runner16

Runner16
11 years ago#1
I really don't know what I'm missing here, I've read the tutorial and the manual.

When it shows B over an enemy car I hit B, the mini-game starts.

Whatever button it shows on my Icon, I hit when the icon is DEAD CENTER. Couldn't be more accurate, so I'm obviously closer than my opponent.

I fail....

Am I supposed to hit the button again? Is there something else I'm supposed to press? I've never done a successful car-fu and its really getting frustrating.
"You think that's frustrating? Try beating Yiazmat with nothing but PAPER PLATES." -Knivex, Posted 11/28/2006 2:38:59 AM

User Info: n0t_u

n0t_u
11 years ago#2
I always get a successful car-fu doing that. B to start then the X or Y button depending on which is displayed, try doing it a bit before the center, as in the button is halfway through the boarder for the center, sometimes it registers pressing the button in the very center as being just over the other side and too late. Also don't try do do a car-fu at a jump because it will fail nearly all the time. The problem I had at the beginning was I kept getting the X and Y buttons places mixed up >_>
"I'm so so incompetent, I can't even choose my own sig"-blank335
"secret" board = 941914

User Info: Runner16

Runner16
11 years ago#3
oh i didnt know your position mattered, i thought you went into some crazy car-fu dimension. I'll try this out.
"You think that's frustrating? Try beating Yiazmat with nothing but PAPER PLATES." -Knivex, Posted 11/28/2006 2:38:59 AM
  1. Boards
  2. Speed Racer
  3. I still can't perform car-fu!!
  • Topic Archived