• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: _Young-Gamer_

_Young-Gamer_
4 months ago#1
Walkthrough is going great so far.
Gaming is Life
(edited 4 months ago)

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
3 months ago#2
Out of curiosity (as someone who writes guides myself), what's your inspiration to pen a new walkthrough for this? Are you planning to flesh out more information than the existing ones, or just kind of for your own gratification/fun? Best of luck to you! Keep up the good work.

Also, I recommend using GFAQs HTML format editor as opposed to uploading text. It's much more user-friendly and your readers will appreciate it.
(edited 3 months ago)

_Young-Gamer_
3 months ago#3
MasterJG posted...
Out of curiosity (as someone who writes guides myself), what's your inspiration to pen a new walkthrough for this? Are you planning to flesh out more information than the existing ones, or just kind of for your own gratification/fun? Best of luck to you! Keep up the good work.

Also, I recommend using GFAQs HTML format editor as opposed to uploading text. It's much more user-friendly and your readers will appreciate it.

I love RPGs and I want to write for if possible all the Square Enix awesome RPGs. As for whether I'm planning to bring new informations, that's a yes. So far I think my best work is Dragon Quest I-II and Dragon Quest III. The Personality Guide, I worked hard for that in Dragon Quest III. My Dragon Quest I and II (SNES) guide is also the only one that uses the final version of the fan-made translation. I found new items that the other guides on SNES didn't find. I'm putting lots of efforts in my guides as well as having fun along the way.

I tried using the HTML. Didn't end well 😂 So I decided to use txt format. I arrange it in a way it's easy to understand. I get lots of up-votes on how I arrange the Information clearly and how I explain them clearly as well so I might stick around using the txt format unless I meet a game where there's too many txt guides so I have to use HTML format.
I'm practicing on how to use the HTML format for when that time comes. Until then, I'm sticking with what I know best and what the people like (based on their up-votes), the txt format.
Gaming is Life
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: MasterJG

MasterJG
3 months ago#4
Very nice! Keep it up!

User Info: behindtheword

behindtheword
3 months ago#5
One thing I have to say that I do like. You don't rehash the exact same layout for every game. You attempt different things.

They're pretty solid, well written with very few grammatical mistakes (or incorrect word usage). I can see why your FF1+2 Dawn of Souls is so beloved. It's definitely one of the better options.

It's funny that I caught your guide, and this thread, as you hit the point where I stopped my own guide for a very long time. Though at least you're being smart and not going too in-depth. Then again, most gamers aren't looking for that level of data, so keeping it cleaner and to the point is a solid way to go.

So keep it up.
Life can be unexpected. Embrace and prepare for anything.

User Info: MasterFeeler

MasterFeeler
3 months ago#6
I wouldn't do it though.

@behindtheword has the best walkthrough in the DQ6. It's like selling a Toyota Corolla when there's a Toyota Camry at the same price.
Diablo Immortal!

_Young-Gamer_
3 months ago#7
MasterFeeler posted...
I wouldn't do it though.

@behindtheword has the best walkthrough in the DQ6. It's like selling a Toyota Corolla when there's a Toyota Camry at the same price.

I can't give up just because there's already a best Walkthrough. 😁

Also, I'm writing for all the Dragon Quest games.

For example, if someone one day starts Dragon Quest I and II with my Walkthrough and likes it, maybe that person would want to finish all the Dragon quest Games.

I'm sure that person will be Happy when he finds out 1 writer wrote for all the Dragon Quest.

My Walkthrough might not the best but due to the chain of all my Walkthroughs, I can make it.
Gaming is Life

behindtheword
3 months ago#8
Mine isn't remotely close to being finished. It took me a month of almost non-stop work just to get that one portion of my walkthrough finished (up to Murdaw). It's so much work getting those ASCII maps done.

Thanks @MasterFeeler that means a lot, but it isn't like my FAQ is even finished. I will say I won't create a new DQ FAQ until DQ11 is done, then DQ7, then 3, then 6, and then maybe more new ones. So it'll be awhile by that point. Probably before the next remake of DQ6 though, ; ).

I think another FAQ is always called for if the work is good. So I'm rooting for you Young Gamer. Plus yours is more old-school in style. A story telling text body that describes everything. Much like Shadowwyrm and stahlbaum.

behindtheword
2 months ago#9
Protip dude. Align your EXP and Gold in your enemy sections. If they're in their own column, it makes them easy to read. As it is, it's a jumbled mess and very hard to read. It's usually better if you're writing up a list like that, to force things that can be placed into a column arrangement, into a column arrangement.

_Young-Gamer_
2 months ago#10
behindtheword posted...
Protip dude. Align your EXP and Gold in your enemy sections. If they're in their own column, it makes them easy to read. As it is, it's a jumbled mess and very hard to read. It's usually better if you're writing up a list like that, to force things that can be placed into a column arrangement, into a column arrangement.

Thanks for the tip. I'll edit it for the 3.0 release.

I always thought the way I wrote the EXP and Gold was easy to understand. I've been using it since DQ4 and no one has complained about it yet.
Gaming is Life
(edited 2 months ago)
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A