• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
  3. Differences between the nes version and ds version.

User Info: lordlich

lordlich
11 years ago#1
(please forgive me if this has already been posted b4)Updated graphics of course I would expect,how about added dungeons??? More monsters/items??? I have played the nes version,would the remake be worth buying??? And is 5 and 6 coming out,I thought I heard something about a trilogy coming out.
RRoD....TheBorderCollie`S BANE!.

User Info: Vinchenz_Rock

Vinchenz_Rock
11 years ago#2
Yes, updated graphics. Updated overworld graphics, updated battle graphics, animated monsters, animated attacks and spells.

Yes, they added new monsters, bosses, a new chapter, a new character, and a new dungeon. They also added a modified version of the refugee town from DQ7.

There are also new items and equipment, the location of a few items and weapons have changed a bit. The medal king's system is also different.

Not to mention, the English version is going to have the superior Square-Enix translation. Though, that's an opinion, but you'll still be able to relive an old story in a new way.

I highly suggest buying this, even if you have played the original NES games 10,000 times.
"and im not a troll im human wtf u must be superstitous" - D_Fen_Door
Won't change sig until Dragon Quest IX comes in NA. 12/20/06

User Info: saint35

saint35
11 years ago#3
Aren't you also supposed to get more EXP and Gold from battles?
The Mods have taught me that it's perfectly okay and on-topic to go into a Final Fantasy board and start hi-jacking topics to discuss Mega Man music.-Strombada

Vinchenz_Rock
11 years ago#4
No. Its the same.

It just feels like you're getting more because the game is a lot faster now.

User Info: lordlich

lordlich
11 years ago#5
What about 5+6,is there going to be some kind of trilogy,all three coming out???
RRoD....TheBorderCollie`S BANE!.

Vinchenz_Rock
11 years ago#6
They're not really a trilogy, they just connected by some ideas (such as Zenithia).

Anyway, yeah, 5 and 6 are both coming out in English too (FINALLY!). 5 will most likely come out in February and 6 still isn't out in Japan yet.

User Info: Antiyonder

Antiyonder
11 years ago#7
- You can control the other seven main characters manually.
- Group battles are more convenient. In the NES games if your companion defeats an enemy you target, then you attack nothing. Whereas this version your character will just attack the remaining enemies.
- While the uncontrollable characters remain uncontrollable, you can use their healing spells out of battle (at least with Healie as far as I know).
- There are more hidden items and gold pieces around, and that really helps out in the early parts of the chapter.
- You get a prologue chapter to introduce you to the hero and his home.

User Info: 5000_rupees

5000_rupees
11 years ago#8
how about the menu interface?
is it like how every DQ game was prior to the english version of DQVIII with like the little box and like 6 options?
or is it like the DQVIII one
or is it a new one that makes use of the DS?
hey bro, lets go chill and play gamecube
by the way bro, i always take off my pants when i play gamecube

User Info: RevolverSaro

RevolverSaro
11 years ago#9
New menu for the DS version, though it is sort of similar to the old menus.
"Baby can you dig your man, he's a righteous man."-Larry Underwood
Number of People who read this sig and are NE Pats fans: 9
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon Quest IV: Chapters of the Chosen
  3. Differences between the nes version and ds version.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A