Mouse + Keyboard or Controller?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Prototype
  3. Mouse + Keyboard or Controller?

User Info: Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp
8 years ago#1
I have a controller, pretty much just like a PS2 one with the 4 buttons on the right side, the 4 shoulder buttons, and the two analog sticks. Logitech Rumblepack 2 I think.

Anyways, what do you guys find easier to play? I've been playing with mouse and keyboard for now, because that's the most natural thing for me in other games (I'm an avid FPS player), but the controls seem sort of half assed, and sort of... floaty? I guess you'd put it
www.ubermelons.com
Team Fortress 2 Community and Servers

User Info: The_Tomato

The_Tomato
8 years ago#2

Since my ps2 controller didnt work, I used keyboard mouse just fine. Just remember to aim your character with the mouse

User Info: nutcrackr

nutcrackr
8 years ago#3
mouse and keyboard is ok for me, initially it's quite different with the camera but it doesn't take long to get used to. I have a 360 controller which works without configuration and I tried it very briefly, the camera control and even perhaps the aiming I get with the mouse I prefer it.

User Info: Shiverwarp

Shiverwarp
8 years ago#4
Alright, I've gotten used to the slippery aiming with the mouse now. Don't think I'll bother with a controller at all, just cause I can't believe how much precision I'd lose

But dear lord, I just did the APC part and aiming with that thing is next to impossible with how floaty and slippery it is, and the movement with the camera is all wrong. Any fix for that?
www.ubermelons.com
Team Fortress 2 Community and Servers

User Info: RedXIII304

RedXIII304
8 years ago#5
I use a 360 controller and I have no problems with aiming, vehicle driving, or anything else for that matter. My brother, who got the game before me, was complaining about the keyboard and mouse controls so I never bothered using them; I usually prefer gamepads anyway.

You should try out both and choose which one you like best.
Flying is learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. - Douglas Adams

User Info: cristian_esza

cristian_esza
8 years ago#6

Shiverwarp posted...
Alright, I've gotten used to the slippery aiming with the mouse now. Don't think I'll bother with a controller at all, just cause I can't believe how much precision I'd lose

But dear lord, I just did the APC part and aiming with that thing is next to impossible with how floaty and slippery it is, and the movement with the camera is all wrong. Any fix for that?

It's impossible to aim with the mouse, you must press TAB to lock on targets and then simply shoot / throw / attack / whatever you want and it will auto aim.

User Info: DriftRS

DriftRS
8 years ago#7
Um yeah, what do you guys mean accuracy? This game has lock-on, it's 100% accurate. If your not using the lock on due to it being more complicated to use with keyboard and mouse, I'd say keyboard/mouse is less accurate. Further, you have analogue sticks on the controller, making movment more accurate.

This game is definetly better with a controller, specially if you have a 360 pad.

User Info: ToveriJuri

ToveriJuri
8 years ago#8
so why is xbox pad better than any other?
Russia! Vodka! Tetris!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8j1C3o-uzQ

User Info: sasdx

sasdx
8 years ago#9

To me all targetting systems aren't perfect though i do prefer the mouse keyboard option its easier for me to remember things.

User Info: DriftRS

DriftRS
8 years ago#10
Out of all the pads I've used, I just find the 360 controller the most comfortable. Most pads these days on PC are either emulating the PS2 or the 360 controller, I never liked the PS2 design, and I find the emulated 360 controllers sub-par compared to the actual 360 controller :P

It's just really ergonomically designed I guess, I've never owned a 360, just bought the thing for DMC4, and never looked back :)
  1. Boards
  2. Prototype
  3. Mouse + Keyboard or Controller?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived