• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Prototype
  3. Gamestop is Truly dumb

User Info: noghtmare7621

noghtmare7621
11 years ago#1
I walked into Game stop about 10:30 this morning all excited to finally pick up Prototype, since Blockbuster that i work at does not have any copies, Corporate is missing out, and I go up to the Game stop guy and I say
" Hey have you any copies of Prototype"
The guy looks at me with some weird expression and he says
" Oh that comes out tomorrow"
"Uh no, the internet and magazines says it comes out today."
" Oh, Well that is the shipment day, so that means we actually get it the Day after that day"

So i leave the idiot, go to target, And they simply say come back around 2-3 this afternoon and it will be there.

Gamestop has Truly the most Un aware employees huh?

I mean GTA 4 came out the day it was supposed to, and same with all Halo games, Hell even movie based games come out on the release date not afterwards.
Should prototype not be higher up everywhere on thier to sell list? that game is gonna sell like hot cakes, especially if it smells like hot cakes.
gamertag-Ryu L Ryuzaki

User Info: ElderFreak

ElderFreak
11 years ago#2
Some Gamestop emploees are really very dumb. Most of the time I get answers like "No idea" or "Come back tomarrow and you don't have to wonder". What the hell. Just be informed about the products that your selling!
Have you ever seen a bunch of armless bears fight? That's what this topic is. -ZenMasterSingh09

User Info: TheMuffin

TheMuffin
11 years ago#3
That is how many stores are. If it's not a high profile game, they get the shipment on release day and stock it the following. Best Buy is doing the same thing with it.
JakeX ~ "Hot hell, I can't even read that, and I'm pretty fluent in idiot."
GT: TheIVIuffin

User Info: ThaAnswer860

ThaAnswer860
11 years ago#4
wow and i thought i had bad luck, i have to just wait until 6 or 7 o clock and my gamestop gets it.

User Info: BlindFEAR23

BlindFEAR23
11 years ago#5
yea, gamestop blows, all they have are a bunch of morons in every store and they enjoy rippin people off. i have a much easier time dealin with walmart, even when half the employees have lazy eyes lol
Gamertag: What? You seriously thought I'd tell you? haha

User Info: ElderFreak

ElderFreak
11 years ago#6
Yeah but this is a fairly high profile game! If you can pre-order it then I think they should at least know when the exact time you can pick it up is.
Have you ever seen a bunch of armless bears fight? That's what this topic is. -ZenMasterSingh09

User Info: NinjaSlain

NinjaSlain
11 years ago#7
This game doesnt have a street date....

Which means as soon as they get them they usually sell them. So we have all been seeing the "Ship dates" That these stores will get it shipped to them. You need to find a GameCrazy or a Gamestore that actually goes the the airport to pick up their shipments. The GS is just waiting for Fed Ex to drop off the game later tonight/tomorrow. Targets, Walmart main chain will usually get delieveries first...
Anyone who argues that MLG is a sport makes themselves look like an idiot. Anyone who argues that MLG isn't a sport makes themselves look like an idiot. GFLamer

User Info: MacDaMurderer

MacDaMurderer
11 years ago#8
You are the idiot. 6/9/2009 is the Shipping date. Some places might get it shipped early, most places get it shipped on that day making it arrived 1-2 days later. The Gamestop employee was right.

The reason GTA4 and Halo games come out the exact day is because they are big name titles and usually have midnight launches.
http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Mac+Da+Murderer.gif
http://henesys.com/gmsrank/MacDaRipper.gif

User Info: SmittyBeans05

SmittyBeans05
11 years ago#9
In the computer it shows the ship date, which means it gets to most stores the next day, im going into a shift right now, but I called my store manager to see if the prototype came in today because it said Tuesday in the computer but he reminded me it was coming in tomorrow morning.
"It was Kovacs who said "Mother" then, muffled under latex. It was Kovacs who closed his eyes. It was Rorschach who opened them again."

User Info: G00seG00se

G00seG00se
11 years ago#10
Awwwwwwwww a bunch of kids upset that your applications got denied.
  1. Boards
  2. Prototype
  3. Gamestop is Truly dumb
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A