• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond the Ice Palace
  3. Ice and Air<Heavyarms vs Tier>

User Info: Platinum_Drake

Platinum_Drake
11 years ago#1
Wind whistled over the sandy dunes, blowing up huge gusts of tawny grains. The sun beat down upon the barren wasteland mercilessly, even the hardiest of creatures taking to the few sanctums that remained. Bones of the unfortunate lay bleached upon the sand, scavengers having long since picked any flesh clean, leaving nothing but the calcium deposits. The few birds still in the sky, vultures by their long necks and bodies, flew around what remained of the shelters the other beasts would seek. Waiting for those that would not last to leave and die, to return to the earth that had given them life.

The city, or what had once been a city, had given way to the desolation of the world, the sand rising up to overtake it and cover everything but the top floors of skyscrapers. Sandy ramps went into the deep shadows of the abandoned buildings, creating a sort of underground sanctuary. But not in this city, if one was to descend they would see skeletons, charred black by an explosion they never saw or heard. They would see blood, ages old, coating everything in sight, a few bodies bearing bullet wounds. Whether they had killed themselves, or been killed, no one would know. In the depths of the buildings, a soft dripping still echoed, the water pipes long since broken and spilled their contents, flooding the lower levels.

Tier sat staring down the stairwell into the deep water, sighing to himself as his white cloak fluttered around his body. The breeze somehow making its way down through all of the levels of the building to rustle the white silk, making the man turn and look over his shoulder. He wasn’t sure if the man had arrived with that gust, he knew he controlled air, or was rumoured to. The black eyes closed, almost enough to make it seem like Tier had sighed as he rose from the ground. He brushed off his immaculate white clothing, all of it silk, all of it gilded with a bright silver thread. His six foot height made him seem like a giant in the tight confines of the halls, his long black ponytail swirling in the air behind him as he walked.

Tier emerged into the desert air with a burst of near glacier air, everything around him freezing as he touched it. The sand he stood upon being a solid layer of frost that not even the sun could melt. He looked skywards, and he waited.
By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.-Musashi
~Tier Bladesinger~

User Info: heavyarms525

heavyarms525
11 years ago#2
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

User Info: heavyarms525

heavyarms525
11 years ago#3
The serene gust of wind over the sand dunes was peirced by an ear splitting boom, sending shockwaves from the depths of the desert. The rumble of noise and air rushing over the already crumbling city only further served to destroy what was left of a failed experiment.

The experiment in question? Too long a story to tell, maybe if you had a few dozen years, we could get to the main portion of the story, but let's just assume that something really big happened here, and I was the catalyst. Why my shining beacon of light challanged me here, on what I concidered my home turf, is beyond my comprehension.

As the final shockwaves ended near his frozen oasis, I finally emerged, appearing in front of my opponent as if from thin air.

"So... you wanted me?" I muttered, my own loose clothing flapping in the small breeze growing around my bare feet. I wiped the frost forming on them with one of my sleeves, and gently floated to a nearby building top, causing it to creak ever so slightly as I landed.

Finally sitting on the edge of the building, I brushed the bits of sand from my loose fitting pants, hearing the clanking of various tools and other such goodies within their many pockets.

"I'm not one to make the first move," I yelled, cutting the dull silence, "so... after you!"

User Info: Platinum_Drake

Platinum_Drake
11 years ago#4
“Glad you’re prompt at least, I was afraid you wouldn’t show up,” Tier smirked as his cloak was blown heavily in the wind, the fringes wrapping around his legs. He watched his opponent casually; the air around him cold enough that Tier’s breath was puffing out in thick white clouds.

The other man floated over to a building, sitting down and brushing off his pants. He invited Tier to start the show, a simple enough request that he never threw the first punch. It was enough for tier to grin as he decided to start it off beautifully simple.

The entire city had once been a thriving metropolis, so there was a lot of water hidden underground. Tier simply summoned forth a geyser, directly below the man. A nice and easy attack.
By knowing things that exist, you can know that which does not exist. That is the void.-Musashi
~Tier Bladesinger~

User Info: ActJef1077

ActJef1077
11 years ago#5
*casts lv 5 Read on topic*
IT WAS SUPER EFFECTIVE!
Call me Jeff Official midget of The Book Club
If you paint a W on each of your buttcheeks and do cartwheels it will say WoW MoM WoW! -C Bar
  1. Boards
  2. Beyond the Ice Palace
  3. Ice and Air<Heavyarms vs Tier>
  • Topic Archived