• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  3. [Hacking] Help: Disabling certain losing conditions; Controllable Monsters?

User Info: Lyefire

Lyefire
9 months ago#1
Hey everyone

I gave this old game another go and looking at the gecko codes that have been made over the years, I was wondering if there is a solution to a problem I have.
My goal is to play the game with a full monster team. This has several technical implications.

1. Emil or Marta must always be at spot 1 and can not be moved away. This is rather easy to circumvent, as an existing code can be used to manipulate Spot 1 to a monster spot. But even then, you can not swap spot 1 away.
  2. The big issue: Initiating a battle with a full monster team will instantly cause the battle to be lost, redirecting you to the losing screen. This is because normally, when all of the playable characters are defeated in battle (and only monsters remain) the battle will be lost. This needs to be circumvented somehow.
However, there is a special event in the game where this is not the case: Namely the monster battles in the Meltokio Coliseum. When you sign up for a monster battle, All playable characters are temporarily moved out of the party and only the remaining monsters will join. So for this special event, this losing condition is deactivated. If there is a way to replicate the trigger, or even make the monster a controllable ally, that would help immensely!
  1. Boards
  2. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World
  3. [Hacking] Help: Disabling certain losing conditions; Controllable Monsters?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A