• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gears of War
  3. Several issues with this game, help needed

User Info: Sin_of_Chaos

Sin_of_Chaos
6 years ago#1
Ok, so my dad got me this game from Best Buy and gave it to me as a Christmas gift back in 2007. Back then, the game worked and I had Windows XP. Today, I am no longer on that hard drive like I was in 2007, now my OS is under Windows 7.

I reinstalled the game on my new hard drive but when I start the game, I get this error saying:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Gears of War\Binaries\wargame-4gwlive.exe :
You cannot run the game with modified executable code. Please reinstall the game

I looked online on google, found a Youtube video and it says to set the time and date to around 2008. I did that and the game was able to launch but when I go into the video settings on the options menu, it won't let me leave and the only way to get out was to reboot the computer.

Aside from that, I found this page right here:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/967644

It even has a download link in the resolution. I download the patch but then when I start it, it gets me to this thing with Asus and I don't know which options to choose from.
  1. Boards
  2. Gears of War
  3. Several issues with this game, help needed
  • Topic Archived