• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gears of War
  3. Can I run this game "ok" on medium settings if I can with CoD:MW?

User Info: Jer_ome16

Jer_ome16
8 years ago#1
I already know I can run the game based on the minimum requirements. Gears isn't listed on system requirements lab, so i can't check that way. I'm also not looking for someone to post specs of their great piece of pc gaming machinery and telling me to get a new one. I'm simply trying to make use of my old computer. I have an old HP, agp slots running an ATI radeon X850XT, Windows XP, Pentium 4, 2.4gHz. I run MW just fine on medium settings with no issue. Just want to know if it'll be the same for this game.

Just incase anyone wants the Sys. req.:

Gears of War System requirements
Minimum Recommended
Microsoft Windows
Operating system Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or Windows Vista
CPU Intel Pentium 4 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon 2.0+ Ghz processor Any Intel Core 2 Duo or AMD Athlon X2
Memory 1 GB 2 GB
Hard drive space 12 GB of free space
Graphics hardware nVidia GeForce 6600+, ATI X700+ nVidia GeForce 7600, ATI X1900
Sound hardware DirectX Compatible
Network Internet or LAN connection required for multiplayer

User Info: PlasmaBeam44

PlasmaBeam44
7 years ago#2

The game uses the Unreal engine which is extrememly well optimized. Considering the specs I'd say you could run the game at low to medium on a lower resolution.

I know you don't want people telling you your computer is old and you need to upgrade, but, your computer is old (I mean extremely old) and you need to upgrade.

1. Boards
  2. Gears of War
  3. Can I run this game "ok" on medium settings if I can with CoD:MW?
  • Topic Archived