• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. I am stuck in Chapter 8

User Info: cooltwou

cooltwou
4 years ago#1
I am in the area where you have to get up top and I am at the area where the balance beam is and after the beam you have to reach the top section but I can't get to it by jumping or wall running either

User Info: Sedated Cricket

Sedated Cricket
4 years ago#2
it sounds like you're talking about the infamous atrium section of the level

just fired up the game and got to the part I think you're talking about

so after you land on catwalk on the other side of the balance beam, with the beam portion at your back, go to the left most part of the catwalk (instead of going around to the other side) and stand beside the black door at the end, turn toward the scaffolding and look up and you will see the little platform jutting out that you have to get to

from this position you just have to do a quick wallrun against the wall beside where the black door is then use the 180 quick turn button to turn and face the jutting platform and do another jump to launch off the wall to it, can be tricky because you don't need to do a large wall run just a little wallrun will suffice and then quickly press jump right after you hit the 180 quick turn button while you are wallrunning

around the other side of this catwalk there is another platform jutting out with some paints cans piled on it and I can wallrun jump back and forth to each side of the catwalk but cannot wallrun quickturn launch to reach the platform that we have to get to, it may be possible but I don't know how to do it from that side

the side closest to you that you first land on when coming off the balance beam part seems to be the most expedient way to reach it, just a small little wallrun then a quickturn + jump again combo should get you there, hope this helps
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89

User Info: Sedated Cricket

Sedated Cricket
4 years ago#3
okay well I stand corrected because I was just looking at a review for catalyst on youtube and while the video is about catalyst his video opens up with footage of him running precisely this same part you were having difficulty with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-e1KyddFtg

and lo and behold we see him running around the long way taking a few attempts at reaching the jutting out platform from the far away side by the pile of paint cans and he eventually does pull it off, so there we have it both sides are possible, I guess I was just impatient with the wallrun from that side because it looks you have to really ride out the wallrun nice and long for you to be lined up with the platform before you quickturn launch to it

what a coincidence though that I happen to view this unrelated video with footage of this exact area in the opening after I had literally just posted here like ten minutes ago

kinda cool tho bcuz I thought the jump wasn't possible from the far away side but sure enough it actually is possible who knew

and not only that but he also shows a little shortcut to bypass the balance beam as well, I remember usng the balance beam on my first playthrough but I figured out the shortcut on my following two playthroughs that I did for the hard mode feat and not getting shot once feat on easy mode
just play the game... worry about your sanity afterwards ~riddlebox89

User Info: cooltwou

cooltwou
4 years ago#4
Ok but I got past it and I don't even have Catalyst game anyway
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. I am stuck in Chapter 8
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Mirror's Edge (Opinions)M1ZZY310/22 8:05PM

GameFAQs Q&A