• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. My very late review of Mirrors Edge
ltdedloser 7 years ago#1
So I've had this game for a while. But I just now decided to play through it.

First off, what was up with ending? I mean sure, the overall story was pretty bad. But that ending was one of the dumbest. It was just abysmal. But that aside, I get why people like this game so much. It's unique. In the right eyes, this could be a gem. It just wasn't to me. The gameplay is fun but it's also very simple. Aside from the freerunning, everything is pretty bad. The melee, the gunplay, the environment and story are all extremely subpar. And I felt that there were many times the game wanted you to have faith in it's mechanics to do certain maneuvers. But then it just fails to follow through. I fell threw many small holes and off small platforms simply by jumping onto them from a wall. It's just something that I felt should have been a little bit guided by the game. It would have made things feel a lot smoother. And maybe it was just me not being good but, it also felt very inconsistent. I guess I'm really just saying that there wasn't much polish on the mechanics.

To summarize, I get it. But, in my eyes, it just wasn't the classic it's been made out to be.
The_Sage 7 years ago#2
Classic according to whom? Not one critic ever called this game a classic. The phrase you're looking for is "Cult Classic." Huge difference. You should feel let down if you went into this game thinking it was going to be an instant blockbuster.
Sage of FAQs.
Mewi 7 years ago#3
The game is probably one of the most unique experiences I had in nearly a decade... so to rate this as a subpar game is nonsense. Sorry but I don't agree with your review. Maybe you should give it more of a chance? Try actually testing the game, by completing various challenges, like the time trials.
3DS FC: 1891-1447-3661 WII U: Mewimi
Xbox: Mewimi PSN: Mewimi Steam: Mewi
The_Rater 7 years ago#4
yes the story was straight forward, but i do enjoy stories like that. gameplay was unique and just fun, one of my favourite games in the 7th gen.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. My very late review of Mirrors Edge
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A