• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Just purchased and completed this game (along with some speedrun/trials)

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
6 years ago#11
I don't remember the level speedruns as being _that_ hard. Sure I had to play through them a few times (5?) to get the hang of it and a route down, but after that it wasn't too problematic.

The SHORT time trials, on the other hand... Damn those 50 stars was hard to come by. Shaving a few hundreds of there, a few there. It felt like you were playing and playing and playing the same short levels with no real payoff. So maybe I actually put more time into the long levels, but it felt like less since it wasn't the same thing I was repeating over and over again to perfection?
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

User Info: hyperskate65

hyperskate65
6 years ago#12
The issue with the short trials is finding all the shortcuts.

Like, if you're doing the level the way you remember it, or are just doing what seems logical, and try to go as fast as possible, you still aren't going to make the time.

Like in the first one where instead of doing the pole, to pipe, to ledge, to fence, you're supposed to hook a right before the pole and 180 jump the vent shaft to go on an unseeable platform. And then right after that, you jump from sticks to a roof as opposed to jump padding yourself up there.

It's just you really have to go slow through them and find the optimal path that you don't usually see on your first try / until you're conditioned.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.12

User Info: Sol4688

Sol4688
6 years ago#13
And that just isn't my worth my sanity for the platinum.
PSN: CrimeRoyal
Want a totally awesome webcomic? Check out http://blue-blaster.com/

User Info: thinreaper1

thinreaper1
6 years ago#14
I found the speedruns fairly easy, there were only a couple of chapters that gave me any real problems. I think the one with the sewers (chapter 3?) is the one that stands out in my mind.

The speedruns though......they were something else! The DLC is probably the hardest thing I've ever beaten in a game.

User Info: Mewi

Mewi
6 years ago#15
Okay since I love this game, i think I'm also going to 100% it on the PS3. I already got all achievements and DLC achievements on 360.

I just need to know one thing, are the servers still up? 360 had issues with keeping the servers up 24/7 it took me having to snap at EA support to just get them to check. Could someone please go check it out for me? Otherwise 100%ing Mirror's Edge on PS3 without servers up isn't really feasible... it would mean no saving, therefore the PS3 must stay on... for weeks possibly.
3DS FC: 1891-1447-3661 WII U: Mewimi
Xbox: Mewimi PSN: Mewimi Steam: Mewimi

User Info: FishOfPain

FishOfPain
6 years ago#16
Mewi posted...
Otherwise 100%ing Mirror's Edge on PS3 without servers up isn't really feasible... it would mean no saving, therefore the PS3 must stay on... for weeks possibly.

Wut? I got the plat for Mirror's Edge way back earlier than I had ADSL, and it saved fine for me? The only thing I can think of is that you'd need to stay in one single mode all the time, but shouldn't it just be to log out of PSN before booting the game up and while playing the time trials?
"You're a jerk, Dent"
Wowbagger from The hitchhikers guide to the galaxy

User Info: krashprone

krashprone
6 years ago#17
It's true, you really have to pay attention to where the dot in the middle of the screen is pointing in order to pull off jumps, etc. By the end of the game though, I really didn't notice it anymore. By that time, if I screwed up, I could legitimately tell that it was my fault. you just have to be careful - not really any different from headshots in FPS, and plenty of people have no problem with that (part of the reason why I got sick of playing them online)
The world is outside, but inside, worn inside informal, outside stormy, inside normal

User Info: Mewi

Mewi
6 years ago#18
FishOfPain posted...
Mewi posted...
Otherwise 100%ing Mirror's Edge on PS3 without servers up isn't really feasible... it would mean no saving, therefore the PS3 must stay on... for weeks possibly.

Wut? I got the plat for Mirror's Edge way back earlier than I had ADSL, and it saved fine for me? The only thing I can think of is that you'd need to stay in one single mode all the time, but shouldn't it just be to log out of PSN before booting the game up and while playing the time trials?

Because I'm referencing the time trials, which requires leadboard updates from the EA servers in order for the star progress to be saved. That is why I am asking someone to check.
3DS FC: 1891-1447-3661 WII U: Mewimi
Xbox: Mewimi PSN: Mewimi Steam: Mewimi
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Just purchased and completed this game (along with some speedrun/trials)
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
Mirror's Edge (Opinions)M1ZZY310/22 8:05PM

GameFAQs Q&A