• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Milkman Playeth: Mirror's Edge.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
10 months ago#1
Wrap up 2019 playing my favorite game, and begin 2020 playing my favorite game.

Haven't even played Mirror's Edge at all in 2019. Shameful.

https://youtu.be/XObZXYkiMO0
Milk, man.
<< Protect society from the emotions of ugly people >>

MiIkMan
10 months ago#2
Get goosebumps when Faith's voice kicks in for the introduction. It's so soft and serene. Music is so damn good, too. Wow.

"We see the flow
The flow is what keeps us running, keeps us alive"

"It's not news any more, it's advertising"

Screen tearing is off the charts. I've got everything maxed, may have to tweak some things to see if I can lessen it.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
10 months ago#3
Happy New Year.

Tonight I played 2 more levels.

I noticed, for the first time, that when I am raised up out of the tunnels, that Jacknife is standing up on top of a building. It looks pretty cool. Then he takes off ruining once Faith is out of the tunnel.

Tunnels is such a good area. Running around and jumping between the rails is thrilling and works so perfectly. The fluidity of it all feels so rewarding. And it looks gorgeous as hell, the enormous pillars underground.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
10 months ago#4
Somehow I botched the subway area where you have to jump from train to train and dodge a few signs. I don't think I've ever died there as much as I did today.

And I also botched my favorite area, but I don't mind because then I get to replay it.

Wallrun, wallrun, turn and jump
Wallrun, turn and jump, wallrun

f***ing perfection. What a dream.

The color pallete and contrasts blow my mind every time I look at this game. So vibrant and alive.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
9 months ago#5
The chase scenes are so damn intense. They get me every time. I'm so focused on getting away, too afraid to look behind me. I did manage to look behind me in the training room, and they weren't that close to me, but the constant footsteps sound like they're right behind you. It's bloody brilliant.

Best chase sequences I've ever played in a game.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
9 months ago#6
Haven't played for a couple days. Played today for 15 minutes. Celeste chase sequence is pretty rad. There's some good moves to pull off when chasing after her.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
9 months ago#7
I think PhysX somehow makes this game look even better. The game has a crispness to the visuals, and it mixes well with the fluidity of the PhysX materials. It looks brilliant in some areas.

Playing the second last level, I really botched the section where you wall run to two pipes, then jump on the two floating crane platforms. Took me countless tries for some reason.

In the area where the runners are chasing you again, then you encounter two cops with guns and 2 runners, I managed to get rid of everyone but one runner and had a good fight with him.

The starewell encounter is really awesome. Today I skipped levels by jumping through the platforms in the middle of the room. That section has lots of ways to approach it. In the past I've managed to get through it very quickly, untouched. It's very good level design.

All that's left now is The Shard. Will hopefully play it tomorrow.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
9 months ago#8
Wrapped 'er up tonight. What a great game.

The rooftop area in The Shard is so insanely good. It flows so well. I don't mind failing it because it means I get to try again and do it better. This time I disarmed two snipers and then shot the last one. Such a satisfying sequence.

And then the server room always takes me a couple tries. My final time went smooth as f*** tho. I ran to the stairwell, wallrun kicked the first guard, took his gun and shot the other two on the platform, run and slid to grab the heavy machine gun and took out another guy, blasted the remaining servers and was out of there in probably less than a minute. It's amazing when you pull it off so smoothly like that.

Sometime I should play it in a single sitting or two. For the past couple years I just play a level or two a day. I wonder how I'd feel about it if I took it all in one go.

Amazing game.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
1 month ago#9
Hey, forgot I played this already this year. Replaying on XBOX One this week.
Milk, man.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Milkman Playeth: Mirror's Edge.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A