• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Milkman Playeth: Mirror's Edge.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
2 years ago#1
Game is unplayable right now with PhysX on. Searching for a fix.

Playing in the second chapter, as soon as the cops enter the room and start shooting, glass shattering, the game drops down to 10fps. Turning down all settings doesn't help at all. It immediately becomes unplayable.

Well, updated my drivers and have to restart so that's it for today. Will try again tomorrow. If that doesn't solve it, there's this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/17410/discussions/0/490123727976080324/

Successfully played tutorial and Chapter 1 today. Bummer....
Milk, man.
<< Protect society from the emotions of ugly people >>

MiIkMan
2 years ago#2
Back in action. Updated my drivers and that fixed it. Running at a constant 62fps now.

Played Chapters 2 and 3 today. It seems no matter how many times I've played this game, there's certain areas I consistently fail in. After chasing Jacknife, once he goes down and Faith takes that alternate route to get to him, I always screw that up at some point. I did it pretty good today. Usually I missed the poles and pipes. Today I just messed up the final jump onto the scaffolding.

And then that blue scaffolding area. I know I've done that flawlessly in time trials when I was playing it over and over, but playing just a regular playthrough I seem to always mess it up. It is a good area though. If you can maintain your flow, it's a good area for flying through and showing the brilliance of the game and level design.

The visuals are always incredible every time I play. The way the bright colours pop... just breathtaking and mesmerizing. The colour schemes for each area/level are just gorgeous, and the simplicity of the interiors are beautiful as well.

The underground tunnels are a favorite level. The openness of it all and the dark greens and fog, and the music is just perfect and moody. It's another good level.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#3
Only played the Ropeburn level today. It's not my favorite level. Not too much stands out about it. The blue and orange contrast in the beginning of the subway is stunning tho.

I find the subway section doesn't flow that well. The better levels are outside in the open, on the rooftops.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#4
Chapter 5: New Eden is a pretty solid level. The rooftop areas are excellent, as is inside the mall. The yellows and blues in the mall are so pretty. It's quite an achievement for this game to look so damn good nearly 10 years later.

New Eden has one of my favorite areas in the game too. It's outside.

Wall run to platform
Wallrun, turn, jump between buildings to another platform
Side wallrun, upwards wallrun, turn, jump
Jump to next platform
Side wallrun, turn, up wallrun, jump to roof.

You look at this area and think "Hmm, how do I get across this?"
There's a couple pipes to climb if you don't know how to connect the wallruns to bypass them. When it all comes together and you do it in one shot, you look back and appreciate the incredible level design. Very satisfying.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#5
Better bump this before it closes. Hellblade released this week so I'm playing that. Will get back to this as soon as I'm done Hellblade, which is effing awesome, btw.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#6
I back. Played Chapter 6? Pirandello Kruger. I am not a fan of the factory areas. Kills flow and has always been the most difficult for me.

When Faith falls down that shaft and then there's the garage door that opens to a room full of blues with assault rifles, I've always found that one too difficult to be fun. I've never found a way to get through that area with ease and quickness. Always takes multiple tries.

Then it goes into the storage area with the office and lines... that area too I find to be slow and tedious. I want the flow.

But once you're out of the factory and you discover the runner cops, damn, that's where it gets really good with the chases. That constant patter of footsteps close behind. That is intense. I love those chases. That training room is awesome, visually and fun to run through, and then it goes to the rooftops for a good chase. Love it.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#7
Chapter 7: The Boat.

Pretty good chapter except for the part in the garage where you have to take out that gunner with the heavy machine gun. He stays stationary and is difficult to get to. You can't open the door until he's taken down. It's pretty challenging if trying to get through without any weapons, which is a trophy.

The rest of the level is pretty good. Again the chase, this time chasing after someone instead of being chased, is excellent. Trying to keep up and take either the same path or a quicker path is a lot of fun.

The sniper part isn't too bad but the exploding barrels are kind of lame.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#8
Chapter 8: Kate is a good one. No s***ty parts, all good flow. Music is good too, matches the mood perfectly.

Good chase sequence from the blue runners, and then a good escape sequence at the end of the chapter, bypassing all those blues running down the stairs and jumping over rails. I used to be pretty damn good at this game and knew a bunch of quick shortcuts but I suck at it now. It's been too long since I've made myself familiar with the shortest routes. I used to play time trials and speed runs.... I've gotten so much out of this game over the years.
Milk, man.

MiIkMan
2 years ago#9
Chapter 9: The Shard is my favorite level. That music is ridiculously good. So mellow, sets an incredible mood for what's to come.

Love the rooftop sequence. It can be challenging with the snipers but when you get it down, again, the level design is so ingenious.

Also love the short sequence of the golden ducts inside the building.

Server room is a pain in the ass, but when you nail it it feels so good. I know I've done server room flawlessly in the past, but now it takes me numerous tries. Takes a lot of practice to do that one right.

The blues in this level are gorgeous too. The colour schemes throughout the game are magnificent and breathtaking. Such vivid themes that pop out of the screen. The art style of the game is what makes it still a stunner nearly 10 years later. Still one of the best looking games I've ever played.

Amazing game. One of my all time favorites. Love to play it every year, sometimes a couple times a year. Shame I don't have as much time to game as much as I used to.
Milk, man.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Milkman Playeth: Mirror's Edge.
  • Topic Archived