• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. There is something wrong with my games' audio.

User Info: RayzerTag

RayzerTag
7 years ago#1
I got this game on Steam a few days ago, and I've been playing it for a couple of hours total now. At first, I thought there was no music at all, but when I turned up the volume real loud I noticed that there actually was a music beat in the background. I then watched some videos on youtube to compare and concluded that apparently there is something wrong with my game's audio.

No matter what I do with the sliders in the options menu, the sound effects are always so much louder than the music that they completely drown it out. I searched the internet but apparently nobody else has this problem.

So, is there something I can do about this? Maybe find the game's music files and replace them with louder ones? Help would be very much appreciated!

User Info: BareknuckleRoo

BareknuckleRoo
7 years ago#2
Have you tried updating/reinstalling your sound card drivers? I've never heard of anything like this though - are the ingame audio files unencrypted and playable in the game's folder? If so, do they sound off when you play them in Media Player?

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
7 years ago#3
Too bad, buddy 'cause the soundtrack is phenomenal. Hope you can find a fix for it as it plays a big role in the game.
Drink your milk!
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. There is something wrong with my games' audio.
  • Topic Archived