• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. On steam for $5

User Info: EdwardBartleby

EdwardBartleby
7 years ago#1
Just ordered it and hoping it is as good as it looks!

Heads up because it's a short deal only there for a few hours it looks like.
I killed...but I didn't just kill fifty...I didn't just kill a hundred...I killed a thousand! I killed TEN thousand! And I was good at it.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
7 years ago#2
****ing best game this generation. I love it and everyone should at least try it. Even if you're not that thrilled with the story, definitely try out the time trials. So awesome.
Drink your milk!

User Info: Muljo Stpho

Muljo Stpho
7 years ago#3
So I've been reluctant to give a **** about Steam. I was forced to install it to be able to play Portal. And it was a different machine by the time I got Portal 2 so I was forced to install it again. With the sales going on right now I've finally bought a few things though, and this game was one of them... and it won't even run. When I try to start it up I see a box with the game's title for a second as it loads and then a big black box covers up most of my screen and a Windows message comes up saying that the program stopped working and it offers to check for a solution (which doesn't seem to do anything).

I'm not usually much of a PC gamer. Just a few months ago, I replaced everything except my hard drive (which was barely a year old) and I think the last major upgrade to my system before that must have been almost 10 years ago (and it will probably be another 10 years before I consider another major upgrade like this as being worthwhile). Still, I'm pretty sure that all the drivers and stuff on my system are up to date right now.

If there's no way to get this game working I guess that's $5 effectively flushed down the toilet (at least for the next however many years until the next machine, maybe).

At least L. A. Noire at $15 decided to work correctly for me.

edit: Information from Windows about the problem, if this means anything to anyone:

General protection fault!

History: Address = 0x18af842 (filename not found) [in D:\Steam\steamapps\common\mirrors edge\Binaries\MirrorsEdge.exe]

Wait... what the hell? What I just pasted is not what I saw on the screen when I copied it. Okay, so... the program is missing for some reason. Can I try reinstalling it, maybe? How do I uninstall something installed with Steam?

edit2: Nevermind. Uninstalling. We'll see what happens after it downloads again...

edit3: Oh for ****'s sake!

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1313792

Bleh.
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby

User Info: Muljo Stpho

Muljo Stpho
7 years ago#4
update:
installed again
still didn't work (of course)
tried the suggestion from that link
now it works
"This ain't like fieldwork. You never have to notarize a man and kill him in triplicate. Well... Almost never..." - Ruby

EdwardBartleby
7 years ago#5
Got it yesterday, played maybe 10 hours and I'm hooked. Beat the game of course after some frustration, but I'm enjoying it. Worth the $5 at least :D

Just kind of a short game :(
I killed...but I didn't just kill fifty...I didn't just kill a hundred...I killed a thousand! I killed TEN thousand! And I was good at it.

User Info: MiIkMan

MiIkMan
7 years ago#6
From: EdwardBartleby | Posted: 7/18/2012 5:06:28 PM | #005

I find the more I play it the more I enjoy it simply because you get faster each time. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've played the story, then the speed runs and the time trials as well. Short game but highly replayable.
Drink your milk!

EdwardBartleby
7 years ago#7
MiIkMan posted...
From: EdwardBartleby | Posted: 7/18/2012 5:06:28 PM | #005

I find the more I play it the more I enjoy it simply because you get faster each time. I couldn't even tell you how many times I've played the story, then the speed runs and the time trials as well. Short game but highly replayable.

Agreed. After playing more, I got more hooked.

Great game :D
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. On steam for $5
  • Topic Archived