• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Widescreen only?

User Info: weefred

weefred
9 years ago#1
Does this game have lcd monitor support? i set it a 1200x1000 and the screen is still seem for widescreen...
Everything eventually comes to an end,there's no such thing as happy ending.

User Info: Renboy

Renboy
9 years ago#2
for some reason the viewed area of the game is always in wide screen perspective - so if you have a non widescreen resolution (4:3) you'll get two big black stripes on your display...
Weird design choice.

If you really want your entire screen to be used, change the resolution to anything with an aspect ratio of 16:10 (like 1680x1050 for example) - but while using your entire screen, the picture will be warped if you play on a 4:3 monitor.

User Info: AdeonWriter

AdeonWriter
9 years ago#3
It's a common trend for more artsy type games, first time I've seen it done in a first person perspective game, though.

It's how people see though their eyes, we don't have a square view of the world, it's actually pretty much close to 16:9

I personally love it, makes the world feel more immersive when you have parapheral vision.

[[[[[[[[[[[[|[|[|[|[|[|[||||||||||||]|]|]|]|]|]|]]]]]]]]]]]]
The colors...

User Info: Nano Kitsune

Nano Kitsune
9 years ago#4
The game will letterbox your screen however much is nessary to get a 16:9 ratio.

User Info: drganj

drganj
9 years ago#5
so the game didn't mess up, I wasn't sure if it was always letterboxed or not last night when I was playing. My monitors are 16:10 so I wasn't sure, I noticed after I turned v-sync on and because I always play this game high I couldn't remember if it was always letterboxed or not, even at 1440x900 my native res its still letterboxed :( most games have PC resolutions I don't know why this one doesn't that being said I also did notice an EA logo installing it lol

User Info: member1982

member1982
9 years ago#6
its just easier to add black lines then reposition everything to fit in various screen res. :P

User Info: Gigagamer2

Gigagamer2
9 years ago#7

The game was originally coded for the consoles, which output 16:9, and they didnt change that when porting it over to PC, lots of issues to do with field of views and image warping/perspective from the center outwards etc etc.

run at the highest 16:9 resolution possible on your monitor. and try and make sure you have the screen set up (either in drivers or on the monitor) to display it correctly with black bars. (eg, 19" normal is 1280x1024 so run the game at 1280x720, or 1920x1080 if you have a 1920x1200 display etc etc)

besides, we humans view things wide naturally anyway, and imagine not having this in widescreen

User Info: Gigagamer2

Gigagamer2
9 years ago#8
Gigagamer2 posted...

The game was originally coded for the consoles, which output 16:9, and they didnt change that when porting it over to PC, lots of issues to do with field of views and image warping/perspective from the center outwards etc etc.

run at the highest 16:9 resolution possible on your monitor. and try and make sure you have the screen set up (either in drivers or on the monitor) to display it correctly with black bars. (eg, 19" normal is 1280x1024 so run the game at 1280x720, or 1920x1080 if you have a 1920x1200 display etc etc)

besides, we humans view things wide naturally anyway, and imagine not having this in widescreen

Actually, just realised i can set non 16:9 resolutions, it just letterboxes it. I saw 1920x1080 and a friend told me it wouldnt do anything else other than 16:9 so i just left it at that, didnt notice 1920x1200

User Info: member1982

member1982
9 years ago#9
personally i think i dont like my things scretched and i dont like to have black bars either. this is pure lazy porting... even on 16:10 Typical PC monitors we still see those black bars even thou we are already in widescreen.

User Info: jh32uk2

jh32uk2
9 years ago#10
I have a 16:10 24" CRY (Sony FW900) so I get black bars on this and Assassins Creed.

Its due to fact its a console port and most of them are aimed to be played on a HDTV.
  1. Boards
  2. Mirror's Edge
  3. Widescreen only?
  • Topic Archived