Don't just read the threads post a comment damnit! It's a forum ain't it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition
  3. Don't just read the threads post a comment damnit! It's a forum ain't it?

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
10 months ago#1
Lol if you stop by just say hi. Post a comment if you like about the game ask a question make a suggestion. Tell a story if you like, yes about the game. List some of your character names favorite or most disliked equipment quests. I'm hoping to see some new posters and hopefully get some old ones to stop by more often. Just don't post nonsense ok. We've had enough of that over the years.
So take it away forum mates.
No matter where you go there you are

User Info: radial200

radial200
10 months ago#2
Hmm. Well, I usually name my characters based on popular franchises. Like something that sounds like it could be from LOTR or Star Wars. For example. Sometimes, I try to do my best TES sounding names too. I never give my character a name based off of actual named characters from anything, but rather I try to mimic the name types. Every once in a while, I give them a common name too. Just because it makes me giggle when some guy named Dave becomes the Hero of Kvatch. Or some girl named Missy becomes the Champion of Cyrodiil. Who's the new Arch Mage? Bob. Well, who's running the Thieves Guild? Tiffany. IDK, why but non-epic sounding names crack me up when their titles are impressive sounding.

No one has to bother telling me I'm weird. I'm well aware of it, but if it get's people posting, feel free.

Seriously folks, if you're reading this then please post in this or any other open threads. Don't like the topics? Create your own & we'll meet you there. :)

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
10 months ago#3
Except Jake Johnson...

lonewolf1264
10 months ago#4
here here well said raidial arcade. hmm yah maybe a real first or last name of a person then the other of the character they played. I can see comic relief in it. Funny YOU can change any named npc's name on pc. I changed glenroy to glennie trying to think of what to rename baurus. Thinking of renaming kud-ei to could I.
I doubt he who should remain unseen, will post here since he didn't start the topic. I'm hoping a few others will though. Maybe we should take turns starting a thread saying we own this forum.
So anyways funny things that happened to you or were said in game to you? It was a first funny but has gotton old to see a character you are attacking while invisible or at 100% chamelon say over n over damned rats or musta been the wind while I hit them over n over with corrode armor/weapon spells, while they are looking straight at me. Or hitting them with a spell that knocks them down. Or how hitting something with a soul trap spell sends a foe running. Happened with a rat problem in anvil, the mountain lions just took off running. Happens quite a lot really in a bunch of places, again usually with high levels of chamelon.
So back to the rest of the class. post on fellow posters.

radial200
10 months ago#5
Actually, I'm glad that you brought up the 100% thing again. I was going to post this in the other thread, but here will be fine.

For me, I try to avoid 100% in anything 100% of the time. I try to use spells ideally, but if needed I'll use potions or light weight items to temporarily boost me up to 100 or close to it. Let's me be more reactive to the sitiation & more fluid as a player. 100% in whatever you like, tends to make the game to easy or has that annoying unintended side effects thing going on. I'm not a fan of either of those.

Now, if I could rename people, like you can, my first order of business would be to rename the emperor. One playthrough Sir Patrick Stewert. Another Professor X & finally another with Captain Jean-Luc Picard. Oh yeah & he can't die & he transports back to the Enterprise, when his parts done. Which you can see in the sky sometimes on a clear night. There has to be a mod for that somewhere.

lonewolf1264
10 months ago#6
ROTFLMAO, there probably is one at the very least I imagine a mod for star trek uniforms. The pc does have some advantages, but alas they love to take my play things away. You can only keep a horse that had an owner, like a legion or courier horse till it's owner or rider respawns. Rather annoying really, but gotta have something else to spend my ill gotten coin on. So I'll buy some horses.
Ya I don't have a clue, I'm clueless I tell you, why they programed so much stuff to simply run away if it can't see you. It happened again when I did the desolate mine fighters guild quest. Every damn goblin I hit with soul trap ran right for the entrance area. Lol I always trip those bumkins out with bound gear, so they handled things fine. But it is so bloody annoying, the only thing that stops them from running is if I summon up something.
At times the 100% chamelon or just being invisible is nice. I did arkvads tower using invis scrolls n potions because I wasn't in the mood to play with stunted scamps n clanfear runts that drop nothing. Probably do a few more places that way too. I'm barely using the weapons I made and the game ones almost not at all. And hardly ever using armor. Stealth is my friend and moving slow I don't get seen much.
Hmm still nobody else has joined in that's a bit depressing. Ahh such is life you have the bridge commander radial I'll be in the jeffries tubes going somewhere.

radial200
10 months ago#7
Maybe what we need is to take a que from you tube & use verbal click-bait. IDK, Bowhunter doesn't seem to enjoy frivolous types of topics. Seem more of a nuts & bolts game mechanics guy. Susan seems more interested in Skyrim. So, I don't know what to do to bring them back around more. I know there are others that swing by on occasion, but again, no idea how to get them to contribute.

Sneak is a favorite of mine too. Nothing wrong with invis or cham to augment your abilities there. However, as you said, there are hick-ups. Saving & reloading is nice, so that you can try new tactics & see what works.

I loathe quests that involve perishable NPCs. I do them , but I hate them. I usually try to fudge those as much as I can to keep the NPCs as safe & uninvolved as I can. Or I wait until I have uber spells to calm, frenzy, paralise, drain fatigue the baddies. To try to keep them away from the NPCs as much as possible. Plus, high level healing spells to patch them up if needed. Having only recently started playing around with the glitches, I haven't gotten to try the bound armor, zero weight stuff on the NPCs yet. Whenever I get back to this game I'll have to try it out.

Speaking of, I've been thinking of some self-made quests of sorts. One is to try to give all of the friendly NPCs bound armor & weapons. The other is to break in to every house in every city & every house around the map. First, to see what each one looks like & what interesting things they might have in them. Also, to take everything, because they're not actually using any of it. So why not.

Tag. You're it.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
10 months ago#8
I love Chameleon. Do something, NPC freaks out...no clue who did it.

I love the Illusion section. You have so much potential and can really destroy your enemies without laying a finger on them.

User Info: deadly virus

deadly virus
10 months ago#9
I used to post here a few years ago. I check out the board every once and a while. I don't post much since my ps3 isn't hooked up anymore and haven't played this in a while. Still I loved it and find it more enjoyable to play than skyrim.

My main is a dark elf assassin who i've done everything in the game with, Every other character I've made after him was for rollplay.

I made a nord palaidin and rushed to the the knights of the nine quests for all the gear. Then I just went around doing "good guy" things, avoiding anything that gave me infamy. I did all the mage guild recommendations so I could get into the arcane university for custom spells. I made mostly healing ones and buffs that i'd apply to guards and traveling npcs.

I made another dark elf assassin just like my main, but stuck to being a bad guy. Having a high infamy at all times. I'd randomly pick an npc and try to kill them. Sometimes I would get creative and make a death look like an accident. Like placing the corpse at the bottom of the stairs and place clutter at the top and around the body so it looked like they tripped.

I have an orc pirate who mostly hangs out in Anvil.

There's also my feral argonian who randomly attacks everyone who gets near him

and finally there's my imperial guard. I "acquired" a full set of guard armor from Chorrol. Started the missing painting quest so I have access to most of the castle. Like my orc pirate, he hangs out chorrol. Breaks immersion alittle when other guards call me citizen.

I've always enjoyed this game and i'm now considering hooking my ps3 back up to play. My one real issue is the size of 2h axes and maces... they're too short they look like 1h weapons.
"No one's piss is like yours DV. You're special." -lonewulf
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458

User Info: Bowhunter2525

Bowhunter2525
10 months ago#10
I have an orc named Balz gro-Hari
If you're going to do 100% chameleon, at least do it temporarily using potions and spells. A 100% chamleon suit is just sad.
I just killed the mythic Dawn swarms and saved Jeelius on Max difficulty level 25 using Frenzy, Command Humaniod, and the Dremora Lord conjure. Some 30-second invisibility was involved.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition
  3. Don't just read the threads post a comment damnit! It's a forum ain't it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived