Pacifist Quests

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 year ago#1
I want to make a list of quests that can be completed with zero kills. This way we can have a detailed list of what can be done should anyone decide to try. Keep in mind this...some quests can be done Pacifist. However, in order to do these quests, a pre-requisite quest MUST be done. The pre-quest can NOT be done Pacifist style...therefore, even if the next one can, it will be considered NON Pacifist.

Ex...Quest A must be done before Quest B. Quest B can be done Pacifist, Quest A can not. Due to this, Quest B will be considered non Pacifist (OR, we could make a seperate list showing they can, but the pre quest will ruin the zero kill count).

The point of Pacifist is to complete as many quests as possible with zero kills.

Arcade2
1 year ago#2
Tutorial can obviously be done with no kills.

All Mage Guild recommendation quests as well.

User Info: deadly virus

deadly virus
1 year ago#3
How did you complete the Anvil and Leyawiin recommendations without killing? I'm assuming you let the mage boty guards do the dirty work for the Anvil quest
"No one's piss is like yours DV. You're special." -lonewulf
http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=9458

User Info: Suikoden420

Suikoden420
1 year ago#4
deadly virus posted...
How did you complete the Anvil and Leyawiin recommendations without killing? I'm assuming you let the mage boty guards do the dirty work for the Anvil quest

Utilising the troll and guards is what I had done.
Rock'n'Roll ain't worth its name if it don't make you strut - Lemmy

User Info: Bowhunter2525

Bowhunter2525
1 year ago#5
The wiki says you can pickpocket the key from Kalthar for the Leyawiin quest. There is a potion of paralysis in the Anvil guild hall, and a doom stone with a paralysis spell near Fort Blueblood, either should make it easier.

If Anvil is OK because you got someone else to do the killing, then there are a lot of quests like Umbra and Glarthir where you can lure the bad guy to city guards, or Namira where the CHUDS do the killing. Is there a difference between Coward and Pacifist here?

Cheydinhall Fines
Painted Trolls
The Collector
Sheogorath Shrine--if poisoning sheep doesn't count (vegan pacifist?).
Sanguine Shrine
Nocturnal Shrine
Vermina Shrine
Malacath Shrine
Molag Bal Shrine
Peryite shrine
Bruma Countess snowy valley necklace quest
Thieves guild quests up until the White Lady vampire in Skingrad.
Everscamps
Visit the Shrines of the Nine
Anvil ghost ship
Goblin Trouble
Tears of the Savior
Vampire cure
Canvas the Castle
Darma in Hackdirt

Arcade2
1 year ago#6
Yep. This is one reason I power level Illusion, so I can cast Invisible and Paralysis. For Anvil, I just Paralyzed her while the two mages killed her.

Leyawiin, I stole the key. You can take before, however, I would wait til he came to the area, locked the door, and said whatever. I Paralyzed, pickpocketed his key, then had him chase me to town. Once again, Paralyze came in to play.

This is also why Alchemy is a must. You need to stock up on potions to restore magicka...plus make tona of gold.

Call it Coward if you want, but this is def a fun way to play.

I can't remember the quests name, but the one in Imperial City where you follow the merchant and find out he is buying stuff that came from corpses can be done.

Also, there is a quest where you go to a tower by boat and have to fight some enemies. This is where traps come in to play...I will let you figure that one.

When I gey the quests names I will post.

Bowhunter2525
1 year ago#7
I'm not knocking playing as a coward. That is more or less what a low endurance thief-type character does (and every character when playing at high difficulty). I'm just looking for some rules here. A Pacifist like Ghandi doesn't want anything to get hurt/killed. With conjuration, Staff of Paralysis, skull of corruption, and bows of controll creature and controll humanoid you don't have to get close or directly kill.

Arcade2
1 year ago#8
The Pacifist I played has zero kills in their stats. That is what I go for. If others kill for you I was fine with that, cause otherwise you won't be doing much.

If you want to Calm everything in the game, that is fine. I just challenged myself on how I could complete questa without having a single kill show up in my character stats.

The reverse pickpocket of cursed items was something I did not do as I was in a sense killing. Play it how you want. People have argued on a true Pacifist many times for ES games...it is how you personally view it.

I have done a pure Calm/Pacify build once...it got boring fast...that is why Frenzy spells were allowed as well as other methods were used...kept my kill count to zero while allowing me to do more.

Bowhunter2525
1 year ago#9
Kill count zero is a good thing to go by. I'm betting that poisoning the sheep doesn't go on the record as a kill.
I've played a "pacifist" Dark Brotherhood assassin trying for no infamy points and one murder on the record.

User Info: Suikoden420

Suikoden420
1 year ago#10
Im nearly done the Mages Guild quests with my pacifist character but I've been spamming the Invisible spell and it cheapens the feeling when I can blast through a dungeon.

I'm starting another sneaky mage style but I will allow kills and be barred from using Invisible spells (not potions though)
Rock'n'Roll ain't worth its name if it don't make you strut - Lemmy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived