THE NEW.........That You ABSOLUTELY MUST FREAKING HAVE!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition
  3. THE NEW.........That You ABSOLUTELY MUST FREAKING HAVE!

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#21
Did they remove walking in skyrim? I agree some new spell abilites realy unique woild be nice. Along with more of everything else too.
No matter where you go there you are

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#22
Along the follower line the guard traped in the cage in the kvatch gate. A quest to free him or along the ghost idea to retrieve his body or belongings to return to his family. I guess ala fathis ules n the honor blade, keep the item(s) or return them for another unique item.
Still working on some others

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#23
well kinda covered but some poison/disease or special effect weapons would be nice. Yes we already can poison our weapons but I 'm talking permanent here.
Or a feature so you can include a poison effect when you create an item.
Along the lines of the paperboy/girl, theme something like the hunt board from ff12? Shows special quests, that may or may not be part of a bigger storyline.
I'd love to be able to interact with things more. To touch pick up use a pitcher or glass. To lie down in a bed. To hold a book and look like you're reading it?
Realism... that would rock!

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#24
left out a few other ideas
The dancing sword from dungeons& dragons. I'd enhance the idea, which was a long sword that after 4 turns of you using it could be thrown into the air to fight on it's own for 4 turns. Enhance it to cover all weapon types including bows.
Staff of the leech(might need to evlove that into leech class staffs). Staff absorbs health magic or skill and turns them into health or magic for you.
The burst effects some weapons from baulders gate. They randomly landed a critical which could cause a foe to explode.
Dual weapon wielding, and some tweeks or perks to the skill, based on character specialization. IE combat spec, you can wield the bigest weapons and just like other skills has tiers that maybe increase weapon speed lower weapon weight (hint hint more ideas here would be great) stealth using lighter weapons increased speed damage better crit hit chances maybe throw daggers? Magic spec dual weild say dagger or club only, or dagger n staff maybe bigger weapons but it just doesn't feel right.
In general some spell ideas or could be well other things. Shadow being, a sort of short duration probably high magic cost clone of yourself. Not to fight or be lead around, but one that can distract enemies by speach movement ect.
Lights out, a area of effect total darkness spell, puts out torchlight dims or completely darkens small areas outside. Ideas?
Heal all, on target probably best use is for someone with several followers. Ignores any resistance to magic or absorb/reflect items weapons of any kind. A probably high cost spell, but with decent power. Say 100 health divided among all your current companions humonoid equine whatever. Divided by number of followers, so less buddys means more heal. Maybe a short 2-3-4 second duration. Spell has normal mastery increases.
Working on some other ideas like permanent water walking for your mounts.
hmm the wagon house. Stored somewhere has lots of storage + alchemy repair facilities and some limited research item creation capabilites. Could really be built on as a roleplay, thing to quest for. Has a bed ect ect.
Did I mention the bags of holding before?
Anyways my foods for thoughts.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 year ago#25
lonewolf1264 posted...
Did they remove walking in skyrim? I agree some new spell abilites realy unique woild be nice. Along with more of everything else too.

I saw a potion of WaterWalking once while playing Dragonborn, but that's about it.

No ingredients or enchantments can create the Waterwalking effect.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#26
SusanGreenEyes posted...
lonewolf1264 posted...

I saw a potion of WaterWalking once while playing Dragonborn, but that's about it.

No ingredients or enchantments can create the Waterwalking effect.

that is really wierd, seems like a very natural thing for a rpg(waterwlking). thanks for the info susan

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#27
Well, how about some purely distraction based stuff. Not sure if this should magic, skills or both, but things like tossing a rock towards a specific area. Maybe a scare-crow type thing. Either a ghost-like image of your PC that last for 60 seconds. Not an active image that fights, but just distracts enemies. Or an actual physical scare-crow. Maybe an echo spell. That kind of thing.

Always wished that there were more D&D Rougue type things you could do like making & setting traps.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#28
Yes the bump in the night spell or lol how about horrible odor? Travels like the wind with terrible smells makes npcs wanna leave the area.
Or wisper in your ear. A charm/command/control with maybe some other tweeks, that makes the target npc think blindly totally that any other npc in the area is out to get them. Might work well with arcades pacifist builds.
Yes more non combat stuff set traps disarm them? How about a mage/magic based one like a perimiter alarm if foes get withen a certin distance, say some type of circle of protection? Could be a roleplay in there. Maybe in advanced form you could even disarm the aylied traps?

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#29
Oh yeah. You should definately be able to disarm traps. Something simple too. Like novice can make, set & disarm novice traps & so on. Master lvl perk gets you the any & all traps thing.

Lol, yeah, different odors that are enemy specific. That'd be hilarious.

Speaking of odors & realism/immersion, what if you're in sneak mode & you got gassy? Holding it causes a decrease in HP, so you'd have to let it rip sooner rather than later. The sound & smell can get you detected too. OMG, what do I do!?!? Haha.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#30
9Eat less beans...?
There was a mortal combat type game years ago, I forget it's name. Anyhoo you picked your fighter from a bunch of monsters, one was a ogre or giant or troll, can't remember which. One of it's best attacks I believe it was unavoidable, was a fart attack. When you selected that special attack you turned your back to the enemy bent over grabed your knees and released this big green clould from your backside. It was hi-lar-ious!
Ok so like all skills you have novice thru master stinks. Yes you cause a stink maybe a little one maybe a master one. I see these as area effect weapons, that are neither a weapon or spell. So you could use them silenced disarmed or even tied up. Maybe used to escape? From jail phehaps? JAILER SOMETHING DIED IN MY CELL AND IT SMELLS HORRIBLE ! PLEASE PUT ME IN ANOTHER CELL BEFORE I DIE! Prehaps an illusion of a dead animal say at novice a skunk, to master a troll antronach daedra ect. The creature is not real and I guess would dispel at touch.
Hmm maybe at master level it has a confussion aspect built in. Either the smell confuses as well as physicially hurts foes, maybe blinds them? So they wander around trying to flee our stinker. Or a sort of frenzy that has all npcs and maybe some of the humanoid creatures accusing each other of causing the STINK, and get so upset they may even attack each other. Regardless this could leave our STINKER, free attacks, or the ability to go thru an area without fighting.
Now some things to consider, does causing a stink when around others translate into assault? In general is it a crime you could be punished for? IE could you be thrown in jail, for letting one rip in the market district,... in a chapel? Could the fine or punishment vary? Would killing someone with a stink count as murder? Could we use your thinking and in some cases make it a random event? What then, it is a natural bodily function after all. Maybe undeveloped as a skill you always remain a novice stinker, only thru much practice and learning from a trainer, can you learn to stink properly. And a proper diet, lol maybe a recipe is found or you can create a potion to add in stinking.
Now since we covered farting as a skill how about belching? Any ideas there, I have a few but wanna hear others.....get the pun?
Ok now before we get traped on our way to the forum, traps and how to get the most out of trapping. Ya start out you can make a trap or more properly a snare, to catch small game animals. And up to bears minotaurs ect. Great to add to that forester build.
A pause to suggest more ideas, criminals, a list is generated from game start of everyone that steals from or attacks/kills anyone. From named npcs to common bandits, you can capture or kill the criminal n collect a bounty. This could be another use for the trap skill. And to be fair although I hate saying it, is it should be useable against the player as well,(the trap skill). Prehaps this could be the path to learn the skill.
Now disarming yes a simple trap might be a falling log pile trap or swinging log. Then maybe the collasping wall or hidden hollow floor. Prehaps with the skill comes a precentage chance to disarm or set off the trap from a distance. At master level maybe you can manufacter a shield or clothes to reflect dark welklind stone beams. Or a device to allow you to jam the gears of other ayleid traps. I still like the idea of removing them to your own house for your use there. After all there are thieves everywhere
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Game of the Year Edition
  3. THE NEW.........That You ABSOLUTELY MUST FREAKING HAVE!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived