Still More Fun Than Skyrim

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
11 months ago#121
Engage number one make it so! Ohh I forgot if ur gonna channel up incarnations of sir pattrick don't forget him as what was it, the head of the CIA on american dad?
No matter where you go there you are

User Info: radial200

radial200
11 months ago#122
Ha ha, yeah.

You still haven't tried Skrim? Just to bring us back on topic a bit. I'd be curious to hear your thoughts. One of these days you'll have to give it a go & then post your review.

lonewolf1264
11 months ago#123
well gotra either buy a skyrim disk, the digital download, or jump through whatever hoops steam wants me to, to make the disc I paid for as part of the anthology set work. All it will currently start the install and after about 10 seconds a msg pops up saying I need a steam account to install skyrim.
No I still haven't contacted bethesda about any of my issues. I need to get off my ass really n do so.
A side note you've asked about mods before a couple of folks are talking about them in the PC oblivion threads. You might wanna take a gander.

radial200
11 months ago#124
I may indeed do that.

Yeah, I posted here yesterday, before I read your post in the other thread. My B.

Definitely contact them. That's total B.S.. Like I said in the other thread, I'd be raging hard, in your shoes. If you paid the money & have the disc in your drive, then WTF!!!!

lonewolf1264
11 months ago#125
No bad.. Honestly I do not believe bethesda cares. Oh certainly about some of thier newest stuff. But all this dawn of time stuff like oblivion or morrowwind no. I've contacted people before about thier games Snowblind (champions of norrath) Koei, about several of thier games dating back to 1992. Never hear anything good back. Customer satisfaction is not important to most companies. After all they already have my money. But lord radial I take your fevor under advisement and your zeal. Mayhaps cyorodil can be saved and the dragon reborn.

radial200
11 months ago#126
Well, there should be some sort of software recognition method in place. It should recognize your disc as a legitimate, purchased copy & therefore allow you to play it.

To be honest though, I've become a DDL gamer, Mostly due to the heating issues with the 360. Digital versions just run better. So, nearly my whole library has been converted. Not suggesting that anyone else follows my lead on this. Just saying that if I were to switch to pc or current gen, I think that I'd still stick with DDLs. Plus, that seems to be the way the gaming industry is headed anyway. So, I doubt that I'd be having the same issue as you, to begin with, but on the off chance that I did..... rage!!

lonewolf1264
11 months ago#127
LMAO, well why don't you be a great kind soul and buy them for me too. Then I can compare. You definitely have a point though. In many ways the DDL stuff is probably better than disks. No disk read issues or speed issues. No dealing with scratches or dirt. For me with my laptop no dragging disks external drives and so on. I'm gonna look into it more.

radial200
11 months ago#128
Actually, I get mine on XBL, usually for free. They also have sales too. So, the ones I did pay for, I got really cheap.

Don't know if Steam has 2 free games a month like XBL does, but I have heard about Steam sales a good bit. So, my advice is to keep your eyes & ears open & wait for a Steam sale. :)

lonewolf1264
11 months ago#129
that is really sound advice. I grant thee a boon of some kind... and hmm and at sometime other than right now.

Now what to talk about next

radial200
11 months ago#130
Wait. Which thread is this?

Oh yeah, the better than Skyrim one. O.k. well, it's hard to discuss this issue, without all parties having experienced both games. However, for me It's more difficult to say. I do enjoy both games. There are some things in Skyrim that I actually think are better. Most particularly, the ability to choose your play-style right from the start. No longer being bound to Endurance maxing & still having all the HP you want, is really a relief. Also, you can change your play-style on a whim. Say that you have a style that you get bored with or just don't like. No problem. Just stop playing it & switch to another. No more worrying about efficient leveling.

Granted these issues are more for min/max power-gamers, that adhere to such things. Rather than low difficulty folks that are more interested in the story & the experience of the game. As opposed to the game mechanics. Still, it's a valid point. IMHO.

Now, as for the rest of it. That's where I tend to agree that Oblivion is better. The storytelling is, for the most part a bit better. The world is certainly prettier. So, yeah. Overall, I like Oblivion better.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived