Still More Fun Than Skyrim

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#101
Arcade2 posted...
I tried an Argonian who used staves. After glitching, duping, and selling, I was able to buy Apotheosis. This staff just crushes. Granted, I need to get the skills correct for level ups, but this thing dominates early on.

It eats gems up, so I need to get higher than Lesser and dupe. Also I forgot to make Armorer a Major, so when it broke...lame.

I thought duping would ruin the game, but man, you can still get whacked hard. I was going for a Magician...someone who wants to use magic, but is unable. Thus, Staff and Scroll it is. I tried Unarmored, and used the White Mage Robe or whatever it is called. Beautiful piece I must say.

I want to stay away from any attacks, weapon or hand to hand. Yeah, Apotheosis is OP and one shots almost everyone in the Arena...but still cool. I let the Yellow Team just run at me then BLAM!

Yet again....so much better than Skyrim.

Why argonian? I would think high mobility would help so I'm thinking bosmer or kajhiit? Also you make armorer a major? Is that just for these non traditional builds or in general? I never make it a major. Yesum stones are always an issue. I bought up all I could stole some turned every single grand gem black and duped a bunch. Still haven't been a few places like drakloew, but nobody is restocking grands or greaters except for a few with lesser or petty's. I'm whacking a lot of npcs, especially vampires. They have such good taste in clothes you know. Lol it's a total win, get thier gear the vampire dust which when I get around to finishing order of zee blood, I may sell some tho money is so not an issue.
Hmm I digress, was there any other staffs that appealed to you arcade? I stole ocato's battlemage staff, so I have it, 6 goblin totem staffs, the benris staff apotheosis and a few others. Gotta run some experiments, I have the difficulty almost maxed, so pretty sure multiple shots are gonna be needed to kill stuff.
No matter where you go there you are

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#102
radial200 posted...
Sounds very Bruce Lee. "You would call it the Art of Fighting without fighting". Or in this case, the art of spell casting without spell casting. Interesting.

Can't say that I've kept up with playing this one. Got side tracked by other games in my back log. I keep saying, maybe tomorrow or next week & then, nothing. And yeah, work, family, tired or just distracted by other shiny things. Great game & I love it, but.....

Duping is handy. I didn't know what I was missing there, but there's something to be said about good 'ol fashioned hard work too. My take is that its a single player game with no online stuff, so you're only cheating yourself. So, roll how you wanna roll.

I gotta agree, I might not always AGREE with what others do, they probably feel the same about me, but it is up to each of us to decide how to play. Lol I figured out the leveling stuff, but now realize doing strength intelligence and endurance level after level will be boring as hell! So I doing things a bit different. I'd get bored outta my mind shooting the everscamps for hours or trying to pick just 1 or 2 tumblers on a hard or very hard lock. But if it works for somebody else fine. I duped a bunch of black soul gems and I've made probably 30 weapons already. A full mercantile setup a few stat increasing jewelry, and some nifty spells.
Hmm I'm playing this because I refuse to look at any other game right now. I first played oblivion in 2011, so I can wait a few years, till the new games get old.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 year ago#103
I chose Argonian for under water breathing. Plus I think they look cool in this game. Armorer as a Major, not just to level Endurance, but what else would I use? Blade, Blunt, Hand to Hand and all spells are out. Don't need Heavy Armor...that doesn't leave much else.

Plus with the extra points I start out at 30 I believe. This helps for when you need to repair magical stuff.

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#104
Sounds like it would be a low lvl run or even a lvl one run. Between scrolls & staves, I think you've got what you need to survive covered.

So, are you duplicating? Or no?

If so, then I'm not sure you'd even need or want to lvl-up.

Arcade2
1 year ago#105
Not really. It will take longer to level up. I went with Warrior and put extra points in Strength and Endurance. You need health, plus the ability to carry as much as possible. Without casting spells to aid you, you have to focus more on what your limits are.

radial200
1 year ago#106
Well then are you going to train skills to increase Str & End? You mentioned Armorer, but are you going to train other skills too? What about other Atts & their skills?

Basically, I could see this idea play out several ways. Either legit or glitching. A legit method would be as I said low level or level one. Or a more traditional build, where you train & build more normally, but still use staves & scrolls as your "real fight" means of offense. This could be done my way. Maxing all, efficient leveling, ect. Or the way a lot of other players do it. Maxing only what's needed fot the build. The glitching methods would fall into the same break down. Level one, low level, mid level & max level. Obviously, there's an additional option of level glitching too.

So, where are you looking at for your build?

Also, there are legit & glitchy ways to deal with HP & carry weight issues. Plus any other issues you feel need your attention. So, I'm just curious about how you see your build & what your plans for it are?

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#107
ruling out all spells might be a pain but I guess it's doable. The soul trap scrolls suck at least the first does badly 5 seconds is barely enough time to kill a mudcrab or rat let alone anything tougher. Guess if the difficulty was turned down.
Some spells/schools of magic help alot like alteration, without drasticly changing the game. I'd love to have mysticism available too at least for soul trap. Would beat the hell out of dragging around a staff. Some other stuff would be useful too. But at least on the pc you could cover most stuff with lesser powers.
As for the rest, it's possible, I haven't tried it at lvl 30 or even 20, but I did use alot of staffs in the teen levels. I like to at least carry a shield, so that's why I usually pick it as a major. Even if you don't block and have on no other armor take a bunch of hits/damage and your light/heavy armor skill goes up depending on what you have equiped of course.
Some things should be a breeze, a few fire staffs of decent damage would kill the vampires. But anyhoo what were the majors you picked arcade?

radial200
1 year ago#108
Yeah, that's my concern. I've never bothered much with scrolls & staves. So I'd be concerned about their ability to remain viable at higher character levels. Game difficulty would also be an area to explore to find the sweet spot for a novelty build like this.

Hey, shouldn't this be in the let's make a build topic?

Anyway Arcade, me & lonewolf's question remains. Please detail your build for us. We're curious & interested. :)

Arcade2
1 year ago#109
I haven't thought too much on Majors. Low level sounds good...problem is you miss out on lots of quests and goodies. I am very tired right now...so I really can't think too much on it.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#110
Lol I think we could talk about beer food our favorite professional sports teams, Go PENQUINS!, and noone would care. We own these threads, so I figure post whatever, wherever.
To the topic, I think difficultity and selective targeting will be the key issues. Also are we going to think and play ethicly or is cheating on the table? Ethicly using a few of the weaker staffs or scrolls to fill lots of soul gems, we'd be able to recharge some of the more powerful but low use staffs like the benris or battlemage staff. Are we allowing duping? If so again some copies of a few things make it a very doable build. There are those few high powered scrolls you can buy in the bookstores. Making and carrying 2 copies of the above mentioned staffs, apotheosis, and using the duplication glitch to recharge them.
I'm wondering if wabbajack could aid this build too. I really don't see the teen n 20 levels being a issue to reach, so I figure the best items should be obtainable.
Again some use of magic spells would greatly aid the build. Either stuff to buff ourselves or non damaging stuff to hit foes with. I created a few weakness to various element spells and one with a short 80% to all 3, that I'm gonna be expermenting with. With a 100% weakness to something for 11 seconds (targeted) those goblin staffs should stay useful for awhile.
Anyway back to you guys

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived