Pacifism is Fun!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: addled

addled
1 year ago#41
SusanGreenEyes posted...
I trained against the everscamps in Oblivion in order to level archery.

I guess that's a glitch. I just considered it training, since they hit back.

I used it to efficiently level by training a minor skill like block or blade, followed by a major skill like archery.

I don't find that to be a glitch.
Practice random acts of mindlessness.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 year ago#42
addled posted...
SusanGreenEyes posted...
I trained against the everscamps in Oblivion in order to level archery.

I guess that's a glitch. I just considered it training, since they hit back.

I used it to efficiently level by training a minor skill like block or blade, followed by a major skill like archery.

I don't find that to be a glitch.

it's interesting in terms of using it for training.

I legitimately use it to practice my aim, and to practice kiting in order to hitting enemies while walking backwards then shooting from a distance.
By the time I hit 100 Marksman between paid training, skill books, using everscamps and hitting enemies I felt like I earned it.
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#43
Please don't get me wrong, I'm not attacking anybody's playing style/method whatever you wanna call it. My love of loot sends me out adventuring and that's how I build my skills. And to be honest I get really bored just standing in one spot doing anything. I do see the merits of it, I just like being and doing things different. Many things I do would probably be considered exploiting glitches. For instance I save before entering a boss area n if the boss doesn't have stuff I want, I reload until I do get stuff I want or at least get high value items. Same thing in areas that have a large amount of chests, like glen robbers cave. Or xeddefen in the shivering isles. Lol just about everywhere...the imperial sewers ect ect.
And yes using the bound armor/weapon stuff as permanent items is a glitch. So is reverse pickpocketing it onto folks to steal thier normally equipped stuff. I've stole in excess of 100k worth of stuff in several games. And all by the time my characters were in the teen lvls. This doesn't make me special or a expert. It just means each new level I spend alot of time (real and game), traveling around stealing everybody's stuff while they sleep.
Just keep playing and enjoying...
No matter where you go there you are

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#44
Bump it see if it moves

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#45
Come on someone post something even meaningless drivel would be a ++++++ at this point.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#46
Is it a dead thread? Kick it and see if it moves

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#47
Well, playing the actual game is a more fun way to train. Additionally, it helps keep you on par with the enemies in the game. Killing an enemy with slightly better gear than you, allows you to upgrade your gear in a more natural way. Finding those unique items is sweet. Granted there is the issue of leveled loot. However, with the info available on uesp & some planning, even a new player can get the best gear in the game.

That said, I am an ocd riddled min/maxer by nature & have spent many hours doing nothing but training. However, I once maxed a character, having done zero questing & hadn't even left the Imperial Island. She had every skill mastered, max Lvl, max Health, max Magicka, max Stamina & max Attributes, including Luck. This was on the original Xbox 360. Can you guess what happened? Yep, Red Ring of Death. That poor girl never did get to leave that island, nor complete a singal quest. :( Well, other than the tutorial. The point is, play the game. :)

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#48
Thank you radial! You have posted your comments and thus saved the thread from a lingering death.
I agree with the leveled loot. On the 1 hand it has a stranglehold on your progress if you want the very best things. Yet random loot will make up for most of it. Annoying as he'll though, I want my mage staff to be the badest not mediocre. They should have had acquiring a really good staff further along in the questline. The weapon azani carries better on and on.
I too have the OCD bug, and thought about putting off finishing some quests, unfair competition for example, so I could steal each lvl of debaser. My fascination with that silly sword, is well silly. I just want it to change it's enchantment after all.
I feel for your red death, was it because you'd spent so much time in one area? I have a lot of thought to staying in just one area, and while you couldn't finish most of the quests, you could keep lvling up just staying around the imperial city. You would have to venture off the island itself but not go far.
It's a shame how the ES games seem in many ways to be devolving not evolving.

User Info: SusanGreenEyes

SusanGreenEyes
1 year ago#49
I don't worry too much about getting specific loot.

The materials (mithril glass etc) are level specific.

If I don't like the enchantments I have, I just sell the items.

If you buy lots of cheap spells, such as the ones Edgar sells, (or really weak spells), then you can enchant items to make whatever enchanted gear you want.

Question: I keep finding swords that weaken Fatigue. Is this useful?
Been a murder, over in Riften. Some old lady who runs an orphanage. Those poor children must be heartbroken.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#50
I guess if you drained/damages fatigue enough then a npc might not be able to swing a weapon or attack you. I don't think this would work on monsters, and spell users would still be able to cast most spells.
Not to argue the point, but a lot of stuff isn't level specific. A lot can be found lying around or be acquired in one manner or another at levels far below when it will turn up normally.
Yes there is enchanting but you can't make arrows and the lower you get access to the enchantment alter, ( unless you have access to frostcrag) the worse your mage staff will be.
There are sigil stones as well but again generally of limited supply and level dependant as well. And it can be a struggle to find the one(s) you want. Same applies to finding dungeon loot as well.
It's a matter of choice in the end. We can choose what to do and when. Part of the beauty of the game.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived