Pacifism is Fun!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Arcade2

Arcade2
1 year ago#121
It doesn't sound easy, but when you learn the tricks, it is cake to be honest. Invisibility and Paralyze...there ya go.

Arcade2
1 year ago#122
Pacifism has become the only way to play for me....which is sad in a way. I have to play a different style when done....like my brutal mage character.

User Info: lonewolf1264

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#123
It seems the true mage power lies in the area effect damage they can do. A few monster staffs would be a great help too. Use invis to get close n hopefully get foes bunched up. Then blamo area effect damage health x for x sec with fire frost shock of the same or a paralyze for 3-5 sec so you could blastum again. Go invis move then wait and repeat. Now there are some really neat things on pc that would make a mage unstopable. If you are willing to cheat a bit. If you say play a non altmer you can give yourself a bunch of birthsigns n abilites that can raise your magicka by 600+. The aylied well lesser power is a huge magicka replenisher.
I never used paralyze much before but I really see it's use now! Even a 2-3 second spell should allow a few unblocked hits. Probably real great against spell casters too. I wonder if hitting a paralyzed foe counts as a sneak attack? Assume I'm in sneak mode. I see it being of real use in the arena since the arena combatants all have a constant +70 speed and althetics along with 20% resist normal weapons n magic. Lol in my head I'm saying stand still and take your beating.
I'm still trying to figure out the mods to add. There are some really neat ones adding whole new quest lines for conjourers necromancers the khajiits.
Hmmm back on topic, I know you said you weren't using armor, but you are wearing enchanted clothing right? If so with what? Chamelon would seem good, but things increasing your magicka or regeneration of it would seem good too. I am interested in your character setup.
No matter where you go there you are

Arcade2
1 year ago#124
I have been wearing the Hunter outfit. Only items with anything on them are rings I find or get from quests. Same with necklace. I should enchant my clothes, but I just never did.

I got a Ring of Khajiit, which gives 35% Chameleon! If I add a few more at 25% then I should be set. 85% with three items? Be nice!

Paralyze is a BEAST. Plus the fact as your enemy falls you can Pickpocket them without being in Sneak? Yes please! 2-3 seconds is nice, but with Illusion at 100, a 10 second costs 94 points I think? If you play non-Pacifist, this is brutal and allows so much free attack. When they begin to stand, recast, and bam!

A Frenzy plus Rally to have enemies fight each other, and high powered Conjuration allows a weak Mage to even the odds...let us not forget Followers as well. Honestly, if you play your cards right, a Mage NEVER needs armor...except Arena since you have to. Cast Invisibility or Chameleon for those emergencies, and you are golden.

I have thought on making a video series if I ever get a PC...but I have a lot going right now it will be a long while, if I even do.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#125
thanks that covers a good bit. I gotta open a youtube account n post the few video clips I took with my phone. Lmao probably should figure out how to record stuff on my pc when it comes back from the shop. The quality should be higher, no me trying to hold my phone steady.
Have you had any issues with ranged combat especially spellcasters? Or you pretty much running cammied or invisible most of the time?
I guess should you feel the need, hit those clothes well some of them with shield I guess with the elemental effects would be prefered. I plan on doing that with most of my folks once my armor skills are maxed. I'll probably still carry a shield to use off n on.
Ohh a spell idea for you. Not sure what this would cost to cast. A combo of nighteye and detect life. Vampires have 2 powers like that. Thier more powerful one has a 30 sec duration and the detect life range is a bit over 100 I think. It's listed on usep on the SPEL pages. You might wanna look over all that stuff n see if it gives you any new ideas.

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#126
Wait, Arcade are you gonna do a FAQs at the end of all of this or a let's play? or both?

Arcade2
1 year ago#127
FAQ possibly...I will have to see on the video.

User Info: radial200

radial200
1 year ago#128
Well I hope you do both, but you've gotta give us something. Pretty please?

Also, a FAQs can be posted to other sites as well. Maybe you could even be on the uesp!! Think of it man! Your pacifist legacy could live forever!!! Like Ghandi or something!

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#129
easy radial lol fame is fleeting. But I hope at some point arcade you do have the time to put something down in print.

lonewolf1264
1 year ago#130
bumping this one

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived