• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. No single Heart Stone drop

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
2 months ago#1
I keep killing Tyrant over and over (in Generation 3) and yet no single Heart Stone at inventory.
I am about to move to Generation 4.

There are some equipment require it as material and seems like no other monster ever drop it. Am I just unlucky? Seems like its Overkill drop is something else.
Well, then, until we meet again. Or "if we meet again".

ekamown
2 months ago#2
Even with Steal, all I got is Mythril Ore.
Still no single Heart Stone.

Hold Shot for better chance of steal better item? Winfield can't even build SP to 50+ since there are only 2 Tyrants and no other enemies in Quest Area.

Maybe I should waste some Turn at some blue spots with Tyrant and other enemies which I have cleared before.

User Info: ZxcFscxZ

ZxcFscxZ
2 months ago#3
Well it's a rare drop, so you might just be unlucky.
And steal won't ever get you the item since normal steal only get you items for normal drop pool and since heart stone is rare drop, you'd need EX-Steal to get it.
So either keep killing it and hope for the best, or get enough SP for EX-Steal skill.

User Info: MasterSquidward

MasterSquidward
2 months ago#4
As ZxcFscxZ has said, because the Heart Stone is a rare drop from Tyrants, Steal will never be able to yield Heart Stones; you would either need to be lucky with the random drop or try utilizing EX Steals. Either method is rather time-consuming to engage in, but to increase the odds of attaining the Heart Stone, you can try using characters with Willpowers that boost drop rates (e.g. Luana's Heavenly Sense, Ganz's Discovery).

With this said, I would suggest not bothering grinding for Heart Stones. It is neither worth the time nor the effort. The question that needs to be asked is: For what purpose are the Heart Stones needed for?

ekamown posted...
There are some equipment require it as material and seems like no other monster ever drop it. Am I just unlucky? Seems like its Overkill drop is something else.
You have stated that certain equipment requires the Heart Stone to be created. What the Heart Stone can be used to forge are the following:
  • Bone Shooter
  • Ogre Claw
  • Ring of Tenacity
Do you require any of these weapons? Regarding the Bone Shooter, while it is true to say that it is the strongest gun to use at this point in the game, it only has +77 ATK compared to a Platinum Gun, which is not exactly a meaningful difference. The two guns have the same AP modifier at +1 at lvl 5 Enhancement. So is the grinding for a Heart Stone worth the +77 ATK? Probably not, I would say, so I would suggest sticking with a Platinum Gun if you intend to use Winfield or any other Gun user. In the Fourth Generation, you will gain access to a free Mithril Gun relatively quickly, which is even stronger than the Bone Shooter.

Regarding the Ogre Claw, there is a free Ogre Claw that can be attained in the Third Generation. It is generally advised to Convert this Ogre Claw into a Seed of Power; this will allow you to craft a Tri-Guard, which can then be used to research the skill Stardust, which is the strongest and most prominent magic skill in the game for the Fourth and Fifth Generations. While not as strong as the Ogre Claw, the Mithril Knuckles have respectable ATK, which will generally be sufficient for this stage of the game.

Regarding the Tenacity Ring, in general, it just is not that good compared to other options, so there is little reason to actually bother creating one.

Essentially, the Heart Stone is never really that useful. It certainly is not useful enough to warrant the player grinding specifically for it to drop. This is why I would suggest that do not bother with grinding for Heart Stones and instead continue on your way to the Fourth Generation.

ekamown
2 months ago#5
Yeah.
Bone Shooter is also required to craft "Rapid Blast" skill.

So far only got one Heart Stone and haven't used it. Wait till I get at least three for Title "Necromancer".

Man, I don't like it if things are decided by pure luck.

ekamown
2 months ago#6
MasterSquidward posted...
As ZxcFscxZ has said, because the Heart Stone is a rare drop from Tyrants, Steal will never be able to yield Heart Stones; you would either need to be lucky with the random drop or try utilizing EX Steals. Either method is rather time-consuming to engage in, but to increase the odds of attaining the Heart Stone, you can try using characters with Willpowers that boost drop rates (e.g. Luana's Heavenly Sense, Ganz's Discovery).

With this said, I would suggest not bothering grinding for Heart Stones. It is neither worth the time nor the effort. The question that needs to be asked is: For what purpose are the Heart Stones needed for?

You have stated that certain equipment requires the Heart Stone to be created. What the Heart Stone can be used to forge are the following:
* Bone Shooter
* Ogre Claw
* Ring of Tenacity
Do you require any of these weapons? Regarding the Bone Shooter, while it is true to say that it is the strongest gun to use at this point in the game, it only has +77 ATK compared to a Platinum Gun, which is not exactly a meaningful difference. The two guns have the same AP modifier at +1 at lvl 5 Enhancement. So is the grinding for a Heart Stone worth the +77 ATK? Probably not, I would say, so I would suggest sticking with a Platinum Gun if you intend to use Winfield or any other Gun user. In the Fourth Generation, you will gain access to a free Mithril Gun relatively quickly, which is even stronger than the Bone Shooter.

Regarding the Ogre Claw, there is a free Ogre Claw that can be attained in the Third Generation. It is generally advised to Convert this Ogre Claw into a Seed of Power; this will allow you to craft a Tri-Guard, which can then be used to research the skill Stardust, which is the strongest and most prominent magic skill in the game for the Fourth and Fifth Generations. While not as strong as the Ogre Claw, the Mithril Knuckles have respectable ATK, which will generally be sufficient for this stage of the game.

Regarding the Tenacity Ring, in general, it just is not that good compared to other options, so there is little reason to actually bother creating one.

Essentially, the Heart Stone is never really that useful. It certainly is not useful enough to warrant the player grinding specifically for it to drop. This is why I would suggest that do not bother with grinding for Heart Stones and instead continue on your way to the Fourth Generation.
Both items made from Heart Stone are just for crafting materials.

Tried to decide my luck again after over halfway in Fourth Generation.

User Info: MasterSquidward

MasterSquidward
2 months ago#7
ekamown posted...
Both items made from Heart Stone are just for crafting materials.

Tried to decide my luck again after over halfway in Fourth Generation.
What exactly do you intend to craft once you have attained the Heart Stone? I have already looked at how the Bone Shooter, the Ogre Claw, and the Ring of Tenacity can be used as crafting components, and there is nothing that really justifies the amount of grinding you would need to do in order to attain the Heart Stone.

ekamown posted...
Yeah.
Bone Shooter is also required to craft "Rapid Blast" skill.

So far only got one Heart Stone and haven't used it. Wait till I get at least three for Title "Necromancer".
The skill Charged Blast is unnoteworthy and inferior to other options. Unlike other Combo skills, which are used to form strong and practical arts such as Axel Rave and Rapid Stream, Charged Blast does not participate in any such art; it is not worth using over other options. Charged Blast can be used in the arts Qutuga, Genesis Wave, and Genesis End, but none of these are strong enough to warrant how impractical they are to actually use. Instead of Charged Blast, I would suggest sticking with other Combo skills that are more useful, namely Rush, Rapid Move, Rush Beat, and Blast.

Regarding the Title Necromancer, the rewards of this Title do not justify the amount of time and effort needed to attain it. The rewards for the Title Necromancer are as follows:
  • Harvest Heal
  • Magic Stone Piece
  • Proof of Valor
  • 5000 gold
  • 6 PP
  • 25 TP
None of these rewards are anything special, as by this point, the player already has easier ways to access these. Because of this, obtaining the Title Necromancer is not worth the effort. If you are aiming to clear all Titles, I would suggest waiting until the post-game, in which case you would be better equipped to grind out the Titles.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. No single Heart Stone drop
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A