• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. Looks like I confused "turn" with actual turn

User Info: ekamown

ekamown
2 months ago#1
"Turn" means number of battles I have so far outside of Quest areas, right?

Seems like I misinterpreted it that I should finish almost every battle in single turn when I was blindly following true end walkthrough.

No wonder OKing enemies almost seems impossible if I pressured myself to finish battle in one turn or two turns in some tough boss battles. Even when playing Easy difficulty.

I assumed if I don't finish battles as quickly as possible, it'll be impossible to keep the "turn" count low. So I worry more about how I can't finish battles in one turn rather than how enemies can wipe out my team.

For example I have total 30 "turns", I assumed in the next "overworld" battle I cleared the battle in 3 turns, the total "turn" count after that battle will be 33.

Currently near the end of Second Generation, about to invade Grugund. Guess I screwed up a lot by missing OKing most enemies as I always worry I won't be able to finish battles ASAP. Imagine if it's in Generation 3+...
Well, then, until we meet again. Or "if we meet again".

User Info: MasterSquidward

MasterSquidward
2 months ago#2
ekamown posted...
Currently near the end of Second Generation, about to invade Grugund. Guess I screwed up a lot by missing OKing most enemies as I always worry I won't be able to finish battles ASAP. Imagine if it's in Generation 3+...

You really have not "screwed up" anything. I would say you are doing the right thing by trying to end battles as quickly as possible. There are two reasons why clearing battles in as few turns possible is a good thing:
  1. Faster clears give a higher battle rank, which increases the rewards from battle
  2. There are a lot of battles in this game; completing them as fast as possible is the best use of the player's time.
You would obviously want to overkill enemies whenever it is convenient, but I would not recommend going out of your way and playing the game slower just to overkill enemies, unless the rewards from the enemy being overkilled is necessary (e.g. crafting, titles).
If you want any advice on the game, like what units are good, what weapons are good, etc., feel free to ask.

ekamown
2 months ago#3
So "Turn" is really number of total battles I have so far, no matter how many in-battle turns I spent.

So I tried play from beginning to make sure. When I first hit world map, I already spent 5 "Turns".

vs Dark Knight (dream sequence)
vs Frontier Soldiers
vs Musaka
vs Dark Knight
vs Borgnine

I want advice for now is how to get Heart Stone for crafting. Tyrants I defeated so far always drop Mithril Ore/Seiryu's Sword or none. Seems like it's also required for Title which needs 3 copies of Heart Stones, guh...

ekamown
2 months ago#4
Anyway "turn" doesn't matter anymore once I defeated Summerill?

I never captured any monster until this point. Seems like there are a lot of goodies from trading monsters. So is it okay to waste "turns" once I reached "Last Generation"? Seems like I missed capturing every good monsters for trading as I was rushing for Titles as well as materials for crafting.

Looks like character level doesn't really matter as long as they have great equipments. Even high level character can't one-shoot low level enemies if they have no weapon equipped.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. Looks like I confused "turn" with actual turn
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A