• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. So Ellis has some crazy range all of a sudden

User Info: Eretrad

Eretrad
4 years ago#1
Doing a 2nd play through on Hard. My first play through was also on Hard, though its been years since I did this and have forgotten a lot about this game.

I've got 24 of each 999 attack/magic boosts so I've been steamrolling most battles. The weird thing is Ellis had decent range in Gen1, but early in Gen2 she suddenly got a near full field range.

I've moved her front and center to take advantage of this, but I can't figure out what caused this.

How did this happen? Does anyone else have this ability?

User Info: sleeping0dragon

sleeping0dragon
4 years ago#2
A person's range, when linked, is determined by the character's largest ranged skill. In Ellis' case, her level two extra skill is basically a Full Range heal so that's why her range is incredible. Rather than simply entering Gen 2, the difference in range likely happened when she learned her second extra skill.

I don't recall anybody else had the same range as she did.
Now Playing: Neptunia Reverse
Anticipating: Mary Skelter Finale, Undernauts, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Astria Ascending

Eretrad
4 years ago#3
Oh that makes so much more sense. I didn't have that crazy range at the very start of Gen 2, but rather a few turns in to it.

That was driving me nuts. Thanks for clarifying.

Eretrad
4 years ago#4
Whew. Just finished Gen 3. I can't believe how long this game is even with post game gear and +999/900 on all slots.

Averaging 70-75 turns-ish per Gen so far.

Is Gen 4 and 5 about the same Turn length, assuming I'm following the wikia True end guide?

User Info: sleeping0dragon

sleeping0dragon
4 years ago#5
If you do every battle node on the map then I think all Gens are pretty similar in length. Gen 4 can be done a bit faster since there are several multiple paths in the ocean area. You can skip a lot of them. For Gen 5, not so much if I recall correctly.
Now Playing: Neptunia Reverse
Anticipating: Mary Skelter Finale, Undernauts, Fatal Frame: Maiden of Black Water, Astria Ascending

Eretrad
4 years ago#6
You were right Gen 4 may be the quickest so far. I did end up running through the unnecessary nodes when a certain someone is kidnapped towards the end though.

I wanted to keep my main group of comparable level so I switched to a B squad and cleaned up what I missed. It was amazing getting 6 low level characters (between level 4 and 28) up within maybe 8 levels of my main squad in about 7 battles.
  1. Boards
  2. Record of Agarest War
  3. So Ellis has some crazy range all of a sudden
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A