• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. One Life Guide

User Info: ultimator045

ultimator045
9 years ago#1
exactly like the title says, this is a guide for beating dragon's lair in one life. Tips: only one, timing is key. i repeat TIMING IS KEY, its suprising how many players die from bad timing. (don't post yet)
I am because I wanna be.

ultimator045
9 years ago#2
Vestibule: when Dirk falls through the bridge, just keep pressing A and you'll be fine, in the next area, when the floor starts collapsing, press RIGHT and when the door opens press RIGHT again. Fire Ropes: press RIGHT to grab the rope then RIGHT again and again and again to get to the door.( if the room is mirrored, replace each right with a left) Flying Barding: when you see the fire press LEFT, then RIGHT, then LEFT, then RIGHT again, then RIGHT twice more and you're done.( this room can be mirrored, if thats the case replace each right with a left and each left with a right, if the horse is facing right don't change the setup, if he's facing left then the room is mirrored) Crypt Creeps: when the skulls come out press UP, then A to slash the hand, UP to dodge the tar, another A and then press in the direction the princess was dragged, then A to smash the ghosts. Elevator Floor: when the elevator stops at a floor immediately press Left.( it the plank is on the right, then press RIGHT) Boulder Trench: this one's easy , press DOWN as each boulder passes, after you pass the purple boulder, press UP. Grim Reaper: wait until Dirk reaches the spinners, and crouches then quickly press UP, when Dirk is infront of the reaper press A then DOWN and then UP when the door opens.(this room can be mirrored but it makes on difference) Wind Room: When Dirk has been drawn into the room wait until the door on the right has been opened, press RIGHT. (DON'T POST YET)
I am because I wanna be.

ultimator045
9 years ago#3
Snakes: when the first snake appears press A then when another one appears press A again, then RIGHT. Giddy Goons: when the first goon comes in press A, then press right to get away from the other two, then A to slash the ones on the stairs, then UP to get out.( i've never seen ths room mirrored, but it might be possible, if it can be mirrored, then you konw the deal) Pool Room: when the floor cracks press LEFT, then UP, then RIGHT ,then UP, LEFT to get out of the pool, then when Dirk steps on the floor switch, press UP, when you see the spider press A to kill it, then RIGHT, then span UP till you get in.(if the room is mirrored, switch each LEFT with a RIGHT and vice versa) Robot Knight: When the lightning surrounds you press LEFT then RIGHT then UP, then RIGHT, LEFT, RIGHT, and another LEFT, then spam A till you slash him.( this room can be mirrored, if its regular, the knight's sword will be on his right, if mirrored, it'll be on the left.) Throne Room: when the screen switches to a top-down view press RIGHT, UP, and RIGHT to sit on the throne (remember to be quick!) when the throne flips and you see the lightning press RIGHT.(i have not confirmed if the room can be mirrored, if anyone does know, just post it) Wizard's KItchen: ignore the potion, just press RIGHT. Wizard's Chamber: when the liquid pours out press UP, when the monster comes out of the potion , press A, then DOWN when the acid comes back, then A when the spirit comes out, and finally RIGHT to go through the door. Underground River: when you pass the "YE Boulders" sign and see the opening flash press LEFT, RIGHT,LEFT,then RIGHT again, once you pass the "YE Rapids" sign ,spam up till you hear the confirmation sound,then spam LEFT, till you hear it again, then UP at each opening that flashes, until you reach the "YE Whirlpools" sign, from here its RIGHT, LEFT,RIGHT, LEFT, when the boat breaks and Dirk is in front of the chain press UP. DON'T POST YET
I am because I wanna be.

ultimator045
9 years ago#4
Three Caves: when the beams appear, press UP, then UP when the door is open( i repeat, OPEN) then LEFT when the lava spout is down. Smithee(not a typo): time your A button press to deflect the sword, time A again to deflect the mace, then RIGHT to dodge the anvil, then A to repel the spear, then when Dirk dips his sword into the pot press A when the statue moves to kill? it.(this room can be mirrored) Fire Room: when you see the fire press RIGHT to dodge then LEFT three times to get out. Bat King: when the third bat appears press A then LEFT, in the next screen when the floor collapses press UP then when the giant bat appears press A. Tilting Floor: when the fire appears and the part of the floor disappears press DOWN, then when the tiles Dirk is standing on disappear press UP, then when the doors open, press LEFT. Bedroom: when the wall starts to build up and the door flashes press UP. Lizard King: when Dirk is in the corner press UP then keep pressing RIGHT until you reach an area where your sword is right in front of you press UP then spam A till you kill him.(LOL, Dirk takes the gold) Catwalk: when you hear the floor creak press UP then UP again then A and then RIGHT, then RIGHT again. Mudmen: when you see them press A, then wait till the screen changes, then press UP then UP again, then after the short animation press RIGHT, then UP, and UP over the pool, then UP across the gap, UP over the geyser, then one final UP. Black Knight: when the spikes come up press LEFT, then LEFT when more spikes come up then RIGHT when even more spikes come up. Tentacles: when the first tentacle comes down press A then when the weapons rack flashes press UP then RIGHT when the door flashes then RIGHT when the stairs flash, then LEFT when the table flashes, and UP through the door. Flattening Stairs: when Dirk starts sliding quickly press LEFT, then A to slash the tentacles then LEFT, then when the stairs flatten press LEFT, the chain is a trap. Dragon's Lair: the final battle, okay when the pillar of stuff flashes press LEFT to catch it, when the dragon breathes fire press LEFT, then LEFT to catch the pillar, when Dirk is behind the crystal press DOWN until you dodge the dragon's claws then DOWN when your behind the other pillar then RIGHT to dodge the flame, then UP and quickly press A to grab the sword, then A to block the flame then UP, and finally A to slay the dragon!
I am because I wanna be.

ultimator045
9 years ago#5
if there's anything i forgot or if you wanna ask me a question you can e-mail me at tyreese001@aol.com, leave your e=mail address and i'll get back to you.
I am because I wanna be.

ultimator045
9 years ago#6
and before anyone asks, yes i have beaten this game with only one life. it took 3 days of nonstop pratice and it was very, very hard. oh, yeah the guide is for home mode
I am because I wanna be.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. One Life Guide
  • Topic Archived