• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. Elevator Level

User Info: Loudawg

Loudawg
9 years ago#1
Can anybody get past the elevator level of the DSi version? I've owned Dragon's Lair on every system, know every move, but for some reason no matter what I do, I can't make it past this level o the Dsi. What's the deal?
Check out my new site:
videogamememories.com

User Info: j_darrell

j_darrell
9 years ago#2
Hit left (or right in the mirror version) the moment before the elevator stops. I usually get it on the first stop, but it stops three times.

I haven't figured out the spinning trap in the grim reaper level yet though... I usually go during the 4th time Dirk ducks, but I think I have to wait longer in the mirror version? [Arcade easy mode]

User Info: Luigi310

Luigi310
9 years ago#3
I had a lot of trouble with the elevator as well. The timing is very specific; press it too soon and you'll fail. There is a sound that plays as the elevator is stopping. I use that as a cue, and press left (or right) just after the sound.
As for the spinning trap in the Grim Reaper level, press up when the bars are both facing outward, or are about to be facing outward. If you watch it enough, you'll see that it follows a pattern. In fact, it's possible to get through soon after the scene starts. Just watch the bars.
4 8 15 16 23 42

User Info: Luigi310

Luigi310
9 years ago#4
I just realized that the Grim Reaper room is different in the two versions (Arcade and Home). I've been playing on Home and there is considerably more time to get through the spinning bars. I just played on Arcade and the scene starts with Dirk already at the bars, preparing to jump through. Still, though, the key is the same; watch for the bars to be pointing outward.
Also, now that I've been playing on Arcade, I've noticed other scenes starting later as well, so you really have to be quick!
4 8 15 16 23 42
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. Elevator Level
  • Topic Archived