• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. Differences Between Arcade and Home?

User Info: 1upsuper

1upsuper
9 years ago#1
Hello, after playing this game nonstop for 3 hours this morning, I was able to beat Arcade and Home. I never got to experience the arcade version of this masterpiece, and I was left in awe. IMO, best DSiWare. Anyway, I read in the in-game manual that there were some differences between the two modes, Arcade and Home. However, the only difference I could see was the added scene with the bridge at the beginning in Home. Are there any others? It seems like a bit of a waste to have another option, only to have it be the same, save for one scene.

Thanks a lot for your help!
"so now I check for bulls every time I go into the bathroom" - Sephiroth Zeta

User Info: j_darrell

j_darrell
9 years ago#2
It seems in arcade mode, when you die it goes to the next scene, instead of doing it over?

1upsuper
9 years ago#3
Not always. It would seem that certain "key" scenes will have you do it over and over again, like with the Mudmen, and the Tilting Floor. It seems to skip early on, but not later.

I made a mistake in my first post. I have never been able to play the "Interactive Movie" version of this game, not just the version in arcades. This was my first time playing any of the games, though I have known about them for a long time and have always wanted to play one of them.
"every time you pirate a game, god kills a game designer. You're the reason why all all games are crappy these days." - Kraftt C Wizz XVII

1upsuper
9 years ago#4
Alright, so like I said, for the first several scenes you skip them if you die in Arcade, then you have to finish the one you died on in order to move on once you get to some later scenes. I just got done playing through both modes again, but this time on hard mode, except still with infinite lives; I don't think I'm good enough to do it with only 5, let alone 3. Anyway, the differences between Easy and Hard are minimal, but the difference is that some scenes are harder; they require more button pressing and/or are slightly longer. Hard makes the Dragon's Lair scene noticeably harder, especially near the end where there are many button presses that need to be made.
"If maturity means I have go out and get hammered every night at the local club, then screw it; I’m gonna go shoot some zombies." - wants_latios_lots

User Info: LedRush2112

LedRush2112
9 years ago#5
If anyone else notices any differences, I'd like to know.
GT: LedRush2112 WiiCode: 3049 9710 8021 2291 PSN: LedRush
Quicktojudge Quicktoanger Slow to understand Ignorance & prejudice & fear walk hand in hand

1upsuper
9 years ago#6
Now I need to try beating both modes with 5 lives, and then 3 to see if anything is different in the end or something similar. I'm doubtful, but you never know. I could probably do it with 5 lives by now with a few tries, but I don't quite think I'm ready for 3 yet.
"so now I check for bulls every time I go into the bathroom" - Sephiroth Zeta

User Info: CPFace

CPFace
9 years ago#7
Yeah, Home Mode seems to have minor differences. A few extra seconds of footage, the drawbridge/vestibule scene.

And yes, the way the arcade version worked, you would skip scenes that you didn't complete successfully. The exceptions are:

1) The nine-level Elevator Floor scene and its reverse. If you die on these, you have to try again immediately.

2) Before you enter The Dragon's Lair, you must complete every scene that you skipped to get there. If you fail again, you get to try again immediately, provided you still have extra lives in reserve.

For more information about the scene sequencing:

http://www.dragons-lair-project.com/games/related/sequence.asp
Visit this link to be bitten by a werewolf:
http://world6.monstersgame.co.uk/?ac=vid&vid=114199780
  1. Boards
  2. Dragon's Lair
  3. Differences Between Arcade and Home?
  • Topic Archived