• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. College Hoops 2K8
  3. recruiting is crazy

User Info: Arthuriusx6

Arthuriusx6
12 years ago#11
Just edit the recruits you get.
Yeah it's cheap, but it's a lot easier.

User Info: Casyle

Casyle
12 years ago#12
Quick question that's probably stupid but I'd like to make sure on.

When recruiting I noticed that I start with 180 Training Points, and if I choose to fly to visit a student or see his game I lose -45 training points. Does that mean that I spend less time training my players that week?

So, 180 training points is a full week of training, and 90 is only half as much training that week?

User Info: lambman1974

lambman1974
12 years ago#13
That's correct, you do lose out on that training time if you send the coach away. For that reason, I typically specialize each of the three coaches for recruiting (high charisma), scouting (high scouting) and teaching (high teaching). That way you can send your recruiter or scout away and not lose out on too much teaching. I know some people like to max out the their own charisma skill first because it helps with recruiting, but you can have one of your assistants do all that so you can train the available time each week to maximize the abilities of the players I have. High charisma is a nice to have, but most of the recruits that are going to be interested in your school are going to sign regardless of whether you have an A+ charisma yourself or you send your assistant with a B+ charisma.

Here's the priorities I use for coaches ability:

1. Teaching
2. Offense
3. Defense
4. Discipline
5. Charisma (Assistant Coach)
6. Scouting (Assistant Coach)

User Info: troness

troness
12 years ago#14
I've simmed through roughly 30 seasons and i've only had 1 all american recruit. Its rediculously harder than last time.

User Info: lambman1974

lambman1974
12 years ago#15
'I've simmed through roughly 30 seasons and i've only had 1 all american recruit. Its rediculously harder than last time.'

I've noticed this as well. It seems most of the All American recruits have 'getting playing time' as there one or two priority which sucks if you already have a good team. To sign them you almost have to be completely empty at the postion (or have one graduating player).

Also, have you noticed there seems to be a glut of five star PG recruits (with the occasional SG & SF)? I think there was a better mix in 2k7. They may have done this to be more authentic, I have no idea..

User Info: azwildcatfan3

azwildcatfan3
12 years ago#16

They have a lot of point guards. There are a lot of point guards in real life. But the nice thing about this game is you can shift them to Shooting Guard or sometimes even small forward if they are tall enough and they usualy adapt beautifully by sophomore year.

1. Boards
  2. College Hoops 2K8
  3. recruiting is crazy
  • Topic Archived
More topics from this board...
playing online/discordncman07126/23 3:07PM

GameFAQs Q&A