• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  3. I noticed something about AJ. (Spoilers)

User Info: BigTheBrat

BigTheBrat
4 years ago#21
clockstomper posted...
Every character convicted of murder was executed, including poor Godot. It's why Luke Atmey was willing to go to jail for grand larceny rather than be executed for murder. It's not really clarified in the English version but the final image painted by Larry in game 3 depicts Godot among the dead. Iris and Morgan were only accessories. It would have saved a lot of heart ache if Morgan was dead.

Wouldn't that be the case only for first degree murder, since in AAI2 Frank Sahwit is not only in prison, but close to parole? Also, I believe in JFA Edgeworth wanted to get Acro a lighter sentence, even though his most likely would have been first degree murder.

I definitely agree that Godot's dead though.

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
4 years ago#22
clockstomper posted...
Every character convicted of murder was executed, including poor Godot. It's why Luke Atmey was willing to go to jail for grand larceny rather than be executed for murder. It's not really clarified in the English version but the final image painted by Larry in game 3 depicts Godot among the dead. Iris and Morgan were only accessories. It would have saved a lot of heart ache if Morgan was dead.

Or not.

Godots case was "Defense of another".

The picture is just showing him with his old gang.

Nothing confirms Godot was executed and it'd make little sense if Frank Sawhit somehow got away without being executed and Godot didn't.

And wouldn't have Kristoph have not been put on death row for the first case? Since he could have easily argued it has a crime of passion similar to Frank Sawhit.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.23

User Info: JMBoote

JMBoote
4 years ago#23
ukokira1 posted...
clockstomper posted...

Or not.

Considering this is Larry that painted the picture, I hardly think he knows Godot even knew Misty/Elise. More likely he's simply aware that Mia is dead, and Godot too (if it's the case).

ukokira1 posted...
And wouldn't have Kristoph have not been put on death row for the first case? Since he could have easily argued it has a crime of passion similar to Frank Sawhit.

How so? Shadi Smith was only listed as a "traveller". Except for Phoenix and the man himself, nobody else of importance was even aware that he was Zak Gramarye or pretty much anything about him. At the end of Turnabout Trump, the victim was still a complete nobody, and Kristoph had no motive for the murder or connection to him.
Official Dick Gumshoe of the Ace Attorney boards, pal!

User Info: ukokira1

ukokira1
4 years ago#24
JMBoote posted...
ukokira1 posted...
clockstomper posted...

Or not.

Considering this is Larry that painted the picture, I hardly think he knows Godot even knew Misty/Elise. More likely he's simply aware that Mia is dead, and Godot too (if it's the case).

ukokira1 posted...

How so? Shadi Smith was only listed as a "traveller". Except for Phoenix and the man himself, nobody else of importance was even aware that he was Zak Gramarye or pretty much anything about him. At the end of Turnabout Trump, the victim was still a complete nobody, and Kristoph had no motive for the murder or connection to him.

Simple. He sees Shadi Smith manhandaling the russian girl and comes to her rescue in a lethal fashion.
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.23

User Info: MasterKnight75

MasterKnight75
4 years ago#25
Godot likely simply died from excessive crying before any sentence could be handled.

As to Kristoph being convicted for 4-1, I don't know why he wasn't found guilty of 1st degree then and there, not take until 4-4 to be busted for that. Somebody using a secret passage in a given location is able to commit murder from there non-premeditated? I don't think so. And Kristoph has a nasty habit of showing privileged knowledge. This is one bit he couldn't use in non-premeditated murder. If Shadi Smith had not done something to upset Kristoph before Kristoph used the secret passage, then why in the hell was Kristoph using the secret passage?

Although I will agree that Zak is a jerk. I don't know why anybody thinks Kristoph got mad over simply losing a card game. That's clearly exaggerating Kristoph's behavior, although not by a high amount.
Master Knight DH at your service.
http://www.youtube.com/user/MasterKnightDH

User Info: Silver_Owl

Silver_Owl
4 years ago#26
There are theories going around, but the game didn't do a good job of explaining it all. Apparently, the first drafts of AJ were extremely different from the final version.
"Trying to forget (wasting more time), we've fallen right through. Lying to forget (telling more lies), we're raising our truth."
-Lacuna Coil

User Info: BigTheBrat

BigTheBrat
4 years ago#27
I wonder how much favourable treatment Kristoph got in prison. I mean, he managed to get an incredibly cushy jail cell, but I don't think that'd stretch to preventing Kristoph from being executed.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
4 years ago#28
Silver_Owl posted...
Apparently, the first drafts of AJ were extremely different from the final version.

I'm curious now. Do you know anything specifically that was changed? I had a theory back when playing the game that Kristoph was Thalassa's missing first husband and the whole thing with Zak was a revenge plot (would've made the final twist of Thalassa being on the jury sort of interesting, too, though I didn't know that part at the time). Now I'm wondering what the writers might have actually otherwise been planning.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.

User Info: Silver_Owl

Silver_Owl
4 years ago#29
Just that's Phoenix's role wasn't in the earlier versions, and exec's forced him to have a major role. But if that's true, I think that means his character and Kristoph's were meant to be the same person, and AJ was gonna be a lot like what happened to Edgeworth in PW:AA. Lawyer attacks cases like you wouldn't believe, takes issue with the prosecutor (who was meant to be a good guy all along, I think, but I don't know if he was related to Kristoph at this point), only to discover in the finale his boss was corrupt and he set dangerous criminals free. It would have been darker than the final version, but also a lot clearer on what it wanted to do.

But Phoenix had to be in it, and he couldn't be the game's villain, so the mentor role split.
"Trying to forget (wasting more time), we've fallen right through. Lying to forget (telling more lies), we're raising our truth."
-Lacuna Coil

User Info: asbsand

asbsand
4 years ago#30
That Phoenix and Kristoph was the same could've been true, but I always thought of Phoenix in AJAA as a different character and I've argued that if you swap out Nick with another character who is the enigmatic "legendary attorney" the story works well too, and now that I learn this (unless it's just some rumor) then that just reaffirms that it might have been the case.

That the first draft was significantly different also sorta explains why the plot with Zak and all felt so confused and weird in the end (again, if it's true).
Say what you will about Naughty Dog games, but they have ZERO replay value >:D
  1. Boards
  2. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
  3. I noticed something about AJ. (Spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A